Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -  The Packers scored a TD on 80% of their red zone trips in 2020—which was first in the NFL.

On Sunday, they were 2/4 and their overall success rate of 55% this season ranks 27th.

///

Read: There's room for improvement.

yep, OL becomes even more important in congested areas and we're operating at 69% (55/80) effectivy there max probably.

We should continue to improve there as our pieces get healthy along the OL

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -    Last year, the Packers had the No. 1 success rate in football on early downs. They were No. 2 in success rate when they ran it and No. 2 when they threw it.

This year? 28th in success rate on early downs. That's miserable.

The good news is, it's been MUCH better lately. Since Week 1, the Packers are 18th in success rate on early downs.

Still not good, but not dreadful. And they still can't run it: 23rd in run success.

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -    Last year, the Packers had the No. 1 success rate in football on early downs. They were No. 2 in success rate when they ran it and No. 2 when they threw it.

This year? 28th in success rate on early downs. That's miserable.

The good news is, it's been MUCH better lately. Since Week 1, the Packers are 18th in success rate on early downs.

Still not good, but not dreadful. And they still can't run it: 23rd in run success.

Biggest problem right now seem to be red-zone offense and red-zone defense, two areas where you don't want to be bad. Yesterday was an easy win if our offense just converts in the red-zone and conversely we make one redzone stop on defense. 

17 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Biggest problem right now seem to be red-zone offense and red-zone defense, two areas where you don't want to be bad. Yesterday was an easy win if our offense just converts in the red-zone and conversely we make one redzone stop on defense. 

What was the crazy stat? Packers have allowed 16 or 17 consecutive touchdowns when their opponent hits the redzone.  That is beyond putrid.  I really think they should blitz crazy in the redzone and/or start jamming the hell out of wideouts.  Seems like we sit back and let the offense kind of dictate what they want to do. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

15 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

As mentioned by others already, our OL becoming intact will probably help of offensive red zone %'s. Cant say if the OL factors in to the putrid distribution in the passing game. We cant be Davante as first, second AND third option in the passing game. That's unsustainable in my view.

Our red zone D.......geeeez its bad.

Still a lot of season left but some of the hard choices for next year seem to be sorting themselves out.

If Lazard and Taylor don’t start producing... GB isn’t going to need to pay them.

At this point I would rather keep Campbell over them. If Jaylon smith shows up too... I’d rather start investing in the defense with Love being the starting QB.

Edited by Green19

18 hours ago, Leader said:

As mentioned by others already, our OL becoming intact will probably help of offensive red zone %'s. Cant say if the OL factors in to the putrid distribution in the passing game. We cant be Davante as first, second AND third option in the passing game. That's unsustainable in my view.

Our red zone D.......geeeez its bad.

Red zone defense .. meaning of insanity - keeping on doing the same thing time after time and getting your butt burned time after time.  How about turning up the heat and taking your chances?  Can't get any worse in the red zone .. it's already the worst. 

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Red zone defense .. meaning of insanity - keeping on doing the same thing time after time and getting your butt burned time after time.  How about turning up the heat and taking your chances?  Can't get any worse in the red zone .. it's already the worst. 

Do we have numbers on how many we've been rushing in the RZ compared to other teams? Would be curious to see this.

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Definition of insanity quote rears its head again, aaarrgh.

fuck my life bang head GIF

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

Question. How much in draft picks (and maybe players) do you now think we get, if Rogers is traded ? 

Because everybody knows the Packers cannot afford Rodgers in 2022, they are going to get lowballed by every team.

However, 2022 is looking like a pretty bad year for QBs, which increases the number of teams that might be interested in getting him as their QB for a few years.

The Packers had more leverage prior to the 2021 season, but they don't have much now. It is easy to talk 'hardball', but it is hard to implement it when you hold so few cards.

I'm thinking they get even less than I imagined earlier this season. Back then, my most favourable projection was 2x 1sts, one 2nd or 3rd plus maybe a good player (though I expected a little less). Now, maybe remove one of the 1sts. Circumstances suggest (to me) this has virtually no comparison to the Stafford trade. The best hope for a good haul is that several teams end up in a bidding war for his services, but counting only the teams he might be interested in, and those than can afford him and want him, might narrow the field down to very few options.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

3 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Question. How much in draft picks (and maybe players) do you now think we get, if Rogers is traded ? 

Because everybody knows the Packers cannot afford Rodgers in 2022, they are going to get lowballed by every team.

However, 2022 is looking like a pretty bad year for QBs, which increases the number of teams that might be interested in getting him as their QB.

The Packers had more leverage prior to the 2021 season, but they don't have much now. It is easy to talk 'hardball', but it is hard to implement it when you hold so few cards.

I'm thinking they get even less than I imagined, earlier this season. Back then my most favourable projection was 2x 1sts, one 2nd or 3rd plus maybe a good player (though I expected a little less). Now, maybe remove one of the 1sts. Circumstances suggest (to me) this has virtually no comparison to the Stafford trade. The best hope for a good haul is that several teams end up in a bidding war for his services, but counting only the teams he might be interested in and those than can afford him and want him, might narrow the field down to very few options.

I now tend to agree.  I think the potential teams have dwindled.  Chuckie now gone in Vegas really knocks them out, and with Carr playing well I think they were out anyway.  I see Denver, Miami, Carolina and Washington the only teams who have a potential place.  Rodg likely would not go to the last 2.  I don't take the Steelers as a serious possibility unlike others.  They are not that close to a trophy and won't want to go from one near 40 year old QB to another one.  Maybe San Fran will see that Lance is a couple years a way at best and are going to move Garappolo and could become a player for him.  I don't know

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Get up on these wideouts and jam them .. anything to help throw the timing off.  Send blitzers.  I'd rather get beat being aggressive.