Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

I now tend to agree.  I think the potential teams have dwindled.  Chuckie now gone in Vegas really knocks them out, and with Carr playing well I think they were out anyway.  I see Denver, Miami, Carolina and Washington the only teams who have a potential place.  Rodg likely would not go to the last 2.  I don't take the Steelers as a serious possibility unlike others.  They are not that close to a trophy and won't want to go from one near 40 year old QB to another one.  Maybe San Fran will see that Lance is a couple years a way at best and are going to move Garappolo and could become a player for him.  I don't know

It's hard for me to believe the Packers and Rodgers won't reconcile and Rodgers retires as a Packer. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

It's hard for me to believe the Packers and Rodgers won't reconcile and Rodgers retires as a Packer. 

I still think we'd get a great haul for Rodgers, but I am guessing the Packers and Rodgers will rework the contract and he'll be here for at least one or two more seasons.  If he's traded I'd want a minimum of (2) 1sts, a 2nd rounder and a good player or two on a rookie contact.  If Rodgers tells teams he's willing to play for several more years I think teams will pay the price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Question. How much in draft picks (and maybe players) do you now think we get, if Rogers is traded ? 

We know it will only happen with a team Rodgers is interested in playing for.

I think the Raiders become more likely with Gruden gone and Carr having no dead cap if he's released or traded after this season. I'm not sure Rodgers would want to go to Vegas, however, unless he gets to pick his coach (not out of the question). They will have over $70mil in cap space once they get rid of Carr. Rodgers will very possibly partner up with Adams if he leaves. A trio of Davante, Ruggs and Waller will be appealing and they'd have room to add to the OL. They have a top 13 defense so far in 2021 as well.

For some reason I could see the Raiders and Davis pandering to Rodgers and letting him bring  a group of players and coaches and be willing to drum up excitement after this fiasco as well. He very well might be the highest bidder.

3 draft picks minimum, 2 firsts and a second.

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I still think we'd get a great haul for Rodgers, but I am guessing the Packers and Rodgers will rework the contract and he'll be here for at least one or two more seasons.  If he's traded I'd want a minimum of (2) 1sts, a 2nd rounder and a good player or two on a rookie contact.  If Rodgers tells teams he's willing to play for several more years I think teams will pay the price.

Too bad Gruden got himself fired, he was always ripe for a fleecing. 

• Like 2

I would have to imagine Gute weighing the options of whether a team can even be put together around Rodgers that's good enough to compete for a Super Bowl. Anything short of that and I imagine he defaults to "what's best for the long term health of the franchise."

I am terrible at the cap stuff so I can't even hypothesize the options. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They have got to know that they are going nowhere with Derek Carr.  He's not a bad QB, but not good enough to win big with.

I know Gruden was really, really into Rodgers, but not sure that feeling would be reciprocated. Gruden doesn't seem like a guy Rodgers would like. I dunno. Just the impression I get. More importantly, I think having a coaching staff vacancy (and the input Rodgers would have) would be VERY VERY appealing to him. What he wants is a front office that will do what he wants, and a Davis/Mayock combo...yeah I could see them doing that.

59 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  The Cowboys, Ravens, and Bills are all similarly on 4 game winning streaks with the Packers.

I'm not so sure all three of those teams wouldn't beat us right now.  The Bills are Super Bowl good .. the Ravens are an interesting challenge with their dynamic QB, and the Cowboys are playing well on defense for once, and pretty stacked on offense.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They have got to know that they are going nowhere with Derek Carr.  He's not a bad QB, but not good enough to win big with.

Would you have said this before last week when he was on pace for 6800 yards passing lol or whatever it was

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not so sure all three of those teams wouldn't beat us right now.  The Bills are Super Bowl good .. the Ravens are an interesting challenge with their dynamic QB, and the Cowboys are playing well on defense for once, and pretty stacked on offense.

Bills are more than SB good right now, they're historical good. They absolutely might start falling in DVOA, but presently they are a juggernaut and would crush us. Really any of the top teams would beat us pretty good right now I think. We're simply missing too many blues. Scene is starting to take shape for 2021 and it's clearly Buffalo and then everyone else right now.