Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We have 5 wins. Add likely wins against WFT, SEA, @DET, CHI - that gets you to 9 wins. 

Add MIN at home as a win gets you to 10. 

Out of the final six, I like our chances the best against CLE, LAR and @MIN, in that order. Rams are better than the Vikings but I like us at home against LA in December. 

I don't like our chances @ARZ and @BAL. I think those are Ls. 

@KC is a wildcard. 

This is probably very accurate as we look at things on paper. Having said that we likely lose one of the games we all have penciled in as a win and win one we think we have have no chance.

Also, injuries are going to play a part in all of this when we get to each team on our schedule as well. 

It feels like we should be getting healthier and thus, better. Myers was 'not season ending' according to LaFleur. Savage a concussion and Preston was an oblique. They should all come back healthy at some point within the next few weeks. Preston could be longer. 

This is a super bowl team if Jaire and Z can come back close to normal yet this year. 

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is probably very accurate as we look at things on paper. Having said that we likely lose one of the games we all have penciled in as a win and win one we think we have have no chance.

Also, injuries are going to play a part in all of this when we get to each team on our schedule as well. 

It feels like we should be getting healthier and thus, better. Myers was 'not season ending' according to LaFleur. Savage a concussion and Preston was an oblique. They should all come back healthy at some point within the next few weeks. Preston could be longer. 

This is a super bowl team if Jaire and Z can come back close to normal yet this year. 

Agree, health is a huge factor for this team.  If they get all the pieces back, they are right there in that SB mix.

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I hope to see Z again this season but I just get the feeling he's done here. 

45 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I hope to see Z again this season but I just get the feeling he's done here. 

Kind of sad how that thing transpired.  Offseason injury, one of the few that won't get the vax, unhappy over contract, etc.  Sounds like a divorce after the season.  The guy has been very good in GB, but you can't pay them all .. especially when he has a surgically repaired back.

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Kind of sad how that thing transpired.  Offseason injury, one of the few that won't get the vax, unhappy over contract, etc.  Sounds like a divorce after the season.  The guy has been very good in GB, but you can't may them all .. especially when he has a surgically repaired back.

The public pouting over not being voted captain was weird too. 

22 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Kind of sad how that thing transpired.  Offseason injury, one of the few that won't get the vax, unhappy over contract, etc.  Sounds like a divorce after the season.  The guy has been very good in GB, but you can't may them all .. especially when he has a surgically repaired back.

Yep, pretty hard to come back in pro football after back surgery without a drop in performance.  If he can come back this year and play it will easier help him find a home somewhere in the NFL. 

Edited by NFLGURU

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

there might be a middle ground... if his value is depressed he could restructure.  Doesn't sound like he wants to though, so he may not do it out of pride.

If the back surgery was significant he may only come back for a big pay day. Otherwise, why risk the long term effects of another back injury on the balance of his life. 

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

there might be a middle ground... if his value is depressed he could restructure.  Doesn't sound like he wants to though, so he may not do it out of pride.

Depending on the severity, back surgery is a big red flag and takes on a bigger risk with the moves the Packers have to make next offseason.  I hope he makes it back this year but I'd be surprised if he was here next year.