Random Packer News & Notes

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -    I have Allen Lazard penciled in as getting a 2nd Round Restricted Free Agent tender to keep him in Green Bay for 2022.

Wondering if the Packers drop this to only a Right of First Refusal tender?

Per OTC - the RFA tender estimates:
1st Rd: $4.766M
2nd Rd: $3.384M
ROFR: $2.133M

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -    I have Allen Lazard penciled in as getting a 2nd Round Restricted Free Agent tender to keep him in Green Bay for 2022.

ROFR probably .. Packers are going to have to pinch pennies.

Lazard strikes me as someone who has significantly more value in Green Bay given his defined role here. Doesn’t mean another team won’t take a flier on him, especially as he has a bit of name recognition around the league now, but I’ll be curious to see what kind of market there is for a player like him. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Lazard strikes me as someone who has significantly more value in Green Bay given his defined role here. Doesn’t mean another team won’t take a flier on him, especially as he has a bit of name recognition around the league now, but I’ll be curious to see what kind of market there is for a player like him. 

Very little. 

4 hours ago, Leader said:

I hope the club gives him the 2nd round offer.  Yah, we need to pinch pennies, but that seems like a nice and easy way to keep a good player and reward him for his play over the past few seasons.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Crazy how the Packers are making every correct in-season move to win a Super Bowl.

Aaron Rodgers is a helluva GM.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 5

Bill Huber / SI -  Only five defensive players in the NFL have an active streak of playing in 100 consecutive games. One of those players is Green Bay Packers outside linebacker Preston Smith, who hasn’t missed a game in his 102-game career.

Smith isn’t the only Packers player with an impressive ironman streak.

- Aaron Rodgers is fourth among quarterbacks with 54 consecutive games. Really, he’s third; Saints backup Taysom Hill owns the No. 3 spot with 58 consecutive games.

- Among off-the-ball linebackers, De’Vondre Campbell’s 71-game streak is second only to the Saints’ Demario Davis, whose 149-game streak trails only Jordan among defenders.

- At safety, Amos has started 56 in a row – behind only Jenkins (124) and Tennessee’s Kevin Byard (77).

- Rodgers’ 54-start streak trails only Tampa Bay’s Tom Brady (82) and Las Vegas’ Derek Carr (65) among quarterbacks.

- The oldest tight end in the NFL, Marcedes Lewis, has started 18 consecutive games. That’s third behind Detroit’s T.J. Hockenson (22) and Dallas’ Dalton Schultz (20).

- At running back, Aaron Jones has started 15 consecutive games. That trails only Tennessee’s Derrick Henry (23).

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber / SI -  Only five defensive players in the NFL have an active streak of playing in 100 consecutive games. One of those players is Green Bay Packers outside linebacker Preston Smith, who hasn’t missed a game in his 102-game career.

Smith isn’t the only Packers player with an impressive ironman streak.

- Aaron Rodgers is fourth among quarterbacks with 54 consecutive games. Really, he’s third; Saints backup Taysom Hill owns the No. 3 spot with 58 consecutive games.

- Among off-the-ball linebackers, De’Vondre Campbell’s 71-game streak is second only to the Saints’ Demario Davis, whose 149-game streak trails only Jordan among defenders.

- At safety, Amos has started 56 in a row – behind only Jenkins (124) and Tennessee’s Kevin Byard (77).

- Rodgers’ 54-start streak trails only Tampa Bay’s Tom Brady (82) and Las Vegas’ Derek Carr (65) among quarterbacks.

- The oldest tight end in the NFL, Marcedes Lewis, has started 18 consecutive games. That’s third behind Detroit’s T.J. Hockenson (22) and Dallas’ Dalton Schultz (20).

- At running back, Aaron Jones has started 15 consecutive games. That trails only Tennessee’s Derrick Henry (23).

I can understand RBs having very short consecutive game streaks but I wouldn't have thought TE's had even shorter ones.

Also, the chances that we will lose some or all these players to season / career ending injuries this weekend just increased by like 300%

Edited by Packer_ESP
On 10/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, Leader said:

ROFR makes more sense IMO.  You place a 1st round tender if you don't want anyone to sign your RFA.  You place a second round tender if you'd like someone to bite and give you a 2nd round pick, but still would like to re-sign that player.  ROFR is more that you want them back, but only for cheap.  Lazard doesn't have a big enough role to be a 2nd round tender, and saving a bit over $1M makes too much sense.

• Like 1