Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Could somebody tell me how the pro bowl works?  If a player replaces a pro bowl player, does that mean that a pro bowl officially appears on their resume? 

for bonus purposes ($$$) the language says they have to be first selections, not alternates. For resume purposes, you can write whatever you like...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I cares.  If Daniels get enough pro bowls and wins two Super Bowls, he might have a HOF claim. 

Like a Packers HOF claim?

He's behind Donald, Suh, Adkins, Fletcher Cox, Gerald McCoy. Then you have Jurell Casey, Kawaan Short and others who are in the same tier. The 7-10th best players at their position don't make the HOF.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Like a Packers HOF claim?

He's behind Donald, Suh, Adkins, Fletcher Cox, Gerald McCoy. Then you have Jurell Casey, Kawaan Short and others who are in the same tier. The 7-10th best players at their position don't make the HOF.

Stop.  You're right, but still stop. 

Edited by HorizontoZenith
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with all these choices

Yep .. we're in solid shape.  Positioned well for a good bounce back the next few years.  Gute needs to rid us of the dead weight and replace it via the draft, free agency, or trade.  It's already been a crazy offseason and we haven't even hit free agency yet.

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

Have to say, I'm pretty satisfied with all these choices

Yup. Without names....

Packers hire younger GM who will "use all avenues", a former HC who lead the 3rd best scoring offense of all time as an OC , and a former HC who lead multiple top 5 defenses as a DC.

HOW are people not excited?

This is exactly what every negative poster has begged for.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Yup. Without names....

Packers hire younger GM who will "use all avenues", a former HC who lead the 3rd best scoring offense of all time as an OC , and a former HC who lead multiple top 5 defenses as a DC.

It blows my mind as well. Some people just want to be negative. I mean I get it if you really wanted someone else. I can understand being disappointed, but still the over all picture needs to be addressed. This organization woke up, and made major changes in the prime of their HOF QBs career. That is awesome. There were people who thought if we ran the table again that Dom might not even be fired. You went from talk of it all being the same to some major changes. This is an exciting time to be a Packers fan. Take a minute to enjoy it.

• Like 3

"Ted Thompson’s 13-year run as general manager of the Packers came to an end last week when the team announced that he would be transitioning to a senior advisor role. For better or worse, Thompson’s tenure and legacy in Green Bay will be defined by the “draft-and-develop” philosophy he so stubbornly stuck to. Here’s a look at how all of his drafts stacked up:"

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/grading-and-ranking-all-of-ted-thompsons-drafts-as-gm-of-the-packers-211?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

"Ted Thompson’s 13-year run as general manager of the Packers came to an end last week when the team announced that he would be transitioning to a senior advisor role. For better or worse, Thompson’s tenure and legacy in Green Bay will be defined by the “draft-and-develop” philosophy he so stubbornly stuck to. Here’s a look at how all of his drafts stacked up:"

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/grading-and-ranking-all-of-ted-thompsons-drafts-as-gm-of-the-packers-211?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Very nice.

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Yup. Without names....

I'm happy, but it's not going to be an easy transition. When MM started looking for another DC the last time...I hoped he would pick Capers. The reason was I had spent a good 4 hours talking to him during a Texas football game. He was the HC at Houston and his life story was pretty remarkable. His wife was with him and she said their moves put a great strain on the family. he grinned, but I knew that look since I have done a ton of traveling and moves in my day. Anyway, Capers was exactly who I thought he would be. The problem wasn't complexity in his defense. The problem was similar to the Green Bay offense....the other team knew what you were going to do. Capers was hurt by Collins getting hurt, Woodson retiring, Shields getting hurt, and none of the newer players taking that next step. So he's gone and I think Pettine will be a good replacement, maybe even better, but DON"T judge him until the 5-6 game next year. It won't come overnight.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Yup. Without names....

Because it's never enough.  They didn't hire a GM whose far enough away from Ted Thompson, they didn't hire an OC who was going to overhaul our offense, and we hired a DC who was the HC of the friggin' Browns.  There's always going to be a handful of people who will never be happy unless the perfect storm happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because it's never enough.  They didn't hire a GM whose far enough away from Ted Thompson, they didn't hire an OC who was going to overhaul our offense, and we hired a DC who was the HC of the friggin' Browns.  There's always going to be a handful of people who will never be happy unless the perfect storm happened.

I seriously cannot wait for the first few days of FA, when GB misses out on a player and everyone says he’s just like Ted??