Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Man, that collision is everything the NFL doesn't want to see on kickoff returns. A guy slamming head first into somebody's knee. One guy with a concussion, the other with a season-ending knee injury. A few years ago when they changed the kickoff rules, my recollection is that there were some owners who wanted to just eliminate the kickoff return altogether. I wonder if that discussion might get revived. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Reaper said:

Lost Keke to another concussion damn; Tonyan looked like Jordys ACL, Hill looked like his knee is done for the year did I miss anything? Oh I think Kevin King could be traded if JA is ok

That is not good- there can be cumulative sensitivity not to mention long term damage from multiple concussions. I hope this is a “minor” one for Keke.

9 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Man, that collision is everything the NFL doesn't want to see on kickoff returns. A guy slamming head first into somebody's knee. One guy with a concussion, the other with a season-ending knee injury. A few years ago when they changed the kickoff rules, my recollection is that there were some owners who wanted to just eliminate the kickoff return altogether. I wonder if that discussion might get revived. 

As much as it can offer glimmer of excitement, it has generally just become a touchback and has a higher rate of injury with the two teams getting that much open field to run straight at each other. I’m a bit of a purist when it comes to rule changes but would not mind seeing the kickoff eliminated. 

I feel terrible for Hill.  With so much talent in front of him, he was not getting many snaps but he was already forcing himself onto the field. I was really hoping to get a glimpse of what he can do. 

Edited by Refugee

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

That is not good- there can be cumulative sensitivity not to mention long term damage from multiple concussions. I hope this is a “minor” one for Keke.

Given his history and how long it took him to recover from the last one is there such a thing as a 'minor' one for him? Let's hope but he does not want to start stacking these on top of one another. 

If he comes back in a week or two another one this year and I'd guess he'd have to be shut down for the balance of the year. 

Hoping for the best but................

As for the kick-off returns, I'm for eliminating them.

1. Our special teams suck so we are already ahead of the curve.

2. Still a dangerous play they could eliminate.

Let's be honest, Hill should have stayed in the end zone, but that takes us back to point 1. 

Edited by Old Guy