Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

I think we do on a 1yr prove it deal. Makes sense for both parties tbh. Shouldn't cost too much I wouldn't think

Still think a 2 or 3 year deal at a modest pay bump makes sense.  He's not going to get top TE money by any means.

Peter Bukowski -  Not to look too far into the future but the injury could make it even more likely he comes back to Green Bay. If he’s not healthy again until Nov. 2022, who better to play with for 8 games to try and recoup free agent value than the Packers?

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  Not to look too far into the future but the injury could make it even more likely he comes back to Green Bay. If he’s not healthy again until Nov. 2022, who better to play with for 8 games to try and recoup free agent value than the Packers?

The logic here makes a large assumption that Rodgers is coming back.

Edited by Mazrimiv

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Well, if we go by the 10 month rule for ACL he should be back by beginning of September. If Bak plays next week it will almost be 10 months to the day of his injury (Dec 30th) so the 8 game thing is a bit off. I do believe the reasoning is sound though. 

Green Bay should offer him something like 3 for 15 million to keep him around. 

58 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

TE's on PS id be interested in: Kahale Warring, Mycole Pruitt.

TE's I'd trade for: Gerald Everett, David Njoku, Mike Gesicki, OJ Howard.

Otherwise just roll with our dudes, and continue carrying EQ on the roster.

How bout this TE GB is “linked” to? If accurate please don’t get beat by Speilman

31 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

At least no other damage in the knee beyond the ACL

I think we do on a 1yr prove it deal. Makes sense for both parties tbh. Shouldn't cost too much I wouldn't think

Assuming he has surgery now, a 10-month recovery puts him on track to be ready by September. 

3 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Man, that collision is everything the NFL doesn't want to see on kickoff returns. A guy slamming head first into somebody's knee. One guy with a concussion, the other with a season-ending knee injury. A few years ago when they changed the kickoff rules, my recollection is that there were some owners who wanted to just eliminate the kickoff return altogether. I wonder if that discussion might get revived. 

same conversation me and my friend had.

The league did a nice job making rules to dissuade plays like that. Because, with everything like it is that was a D.U.M.B. decision by Hill that he should never had made. Rules changes were designed to result in forcing team to make a dumb decision like with the thinking more often than not, the dumb decision won't be made.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I support eliminating kick-offs.

Signed,

A fan of GB Packers Kick-off and Kick-off Return special teams units