Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Has Rodgers ever developed quick chemistry with a WR/TE not named Kumerow?  Maybe Cobb or Jennings would qualify.

Yes. He was quick to warm up to Ty Montgomery too. Guys who are technicians and can make the same routes and reads consistently he likes from the get go. Guys who struggle with consistency is iffy.

Just now, spilltray said:

Yes. He was quick to warm up to Ty Montgomery too. Guys who are technicians and can make the same routes and reads consistently he likes from the get go. Guys who struggle with consistency is iffy.

agreed. He warms up more quickly to the high-IQ guys IMO who are able to focus, execute, and quickly read a field with good situational awareness because he feels he can trust them.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

MLF talks at the top of the hour.  Maybe we'll get some update on Z and his tweet?

No real update on Z by MLF.  Said they have to get him in the building and see where he's at.  He'll have an update once they get him looked at.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Whoever invents the technology to replace/heal an ACL in 1-2 months is going to make a lot of money...

The structural aspect is about 3 -4 months for the reconstructed ACL to be as strong or stronger than the Native ACL. 

The issue in recovery is restoration of strength and proprioceptive information coming from the newly reconstructed ACL into the CNS.  Speeding that up is the biggest issue.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Well, if we go by the 10 month rule for ACL he should be back by beginning of September. If Bak plays next week it will almost be 10 months to the day of his injury (Dec 30th) so the 8 game thing is a bit off. I do believe the reasoning is sound though. 

Green Bay should offer him something like 3 for 15 million to keep him around. 

If Tonyan returns to GB, he likely starts on PUP ( given GB medical staff track record) and then gets the few weeks to ramp up.  Thus the 8 games concept.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Assuming he has surgery now, a 10-month recovery puts him on track to be ready by September. 

Surgery probably 3 weeks from now to allow swelling to resolve and restore range of motion.  Stacking trauma from surgery on top of trauma from  injury is pretty tough on the joint

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Surgery probably 3 weeks from now to allow swelling to resolve and restore range of motion.  Stacking trauma from surgery on top of trauma from  injury is pretty tough on the joint

Again, Bak was injured on Dec. 30th. HE is likely back next week which is November 7th. That is 10 months and one week from injury to field. 

If Tonyan's timing is similar there is no need to put him on PUP at start of season. Worst case scenario is you keep him on the 53, then IR him for three weeks. 

I don't see the 8 weeks you do, unless he has a set back after surgery. 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Most over large and strong human beings are.....until they aren't.

Yeah, I think most defenders have found out pretty quickly Marcedes is not made of plush and soft stuffing. I feel like he can play as long as he wants with the type of game he has. Would love for him, and everyone on this team, to get a ring with us. 

Edited by Refugee

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Again, Bak was injured on Dec. 30th. HE is likely back next week which is November 7th. That is 10 months and one week from injury to field. 

If Tonyan's timing is similar there is no need to put him on PUP at start of season. Worst case scenario is you keep him on the 53, then IR him for three weeks. 

I don't see the 8 weeks you do, unless he has a set back after surgery. 

What was Deguara's knee injury? Was it also a "clean"ACL tear like Tonyan's?  If so, he might make a better barometer to gauge Tonyans  potential return (than Bak) since he plays the same position - imposing the similar demands on the joint etc.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

What was Deguara's knee injury? Was it also a "clean"ACL tear like Tonyan's?  If so, he might make a better barometer to gauge Tonyans  potential return (than Bak) since he plays the same position - imposing the similar demands on the joint etc.

Wasn't Deguara hurt on two different occasions last year? The second injury was to his ACL. 

His season ended in week 4 and he's played in 7 or 8 games this year. He was out for a good part of camp, but I do not believe all of it. I believe he came back to practice during part of camp. 

EDIT: He played in the final preseason game this year so about 10 1/2 months to return to play but 10 or less before he hit the practice field. 

Edited by Old Guy

8 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Wasn't Deguara hurt on two different occasions last year? The second injury was to his ACL. 

His season ended in week 4 and he's played in 7 or 8 games this year. He was out for a good part of camp, but I do not believe all of it. I believe he came back to practice during part of camp. 

EDIT: He played in the final preseason game this year so about 10 1/2 months to return to play but 10 or less before he hit the practice field. 

He played four games last year? Cant say I marked the day on the calendar but it seemed like he was out earlier than that.  Okay.

38 minutes ago, Leader said:

He played four games last year? Cant say I marked the day on the calendar but it seemed like he was out earlier than that.  Okay.

No, he played in two games I believe, but the ACL injury happened in week 4. I think he hurt a calf in game one and was out for games 2 and 3. My memory could be a little fuzzy on that one.