Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

I made a conscience effort to avoid the Rodgers covid conversation so this is my first and last post on this subject.  I'm totally in Rodgers corner. The government or employer shouldn't mandate anyone to put something in their bodies that they don't believe in. Me myself didn't and won't take it for my religious beliefs. On the other hand Rodgers should've been more transparent and followed the protocols. I'm not upset with the guy it just happened at bad time with the #1 seed at stake. The NFL is just blowing a lot of hot air, everyone knows Rodgers is one of the faces of the NFL. The guy has made the league countless millions in ticket and jersey sales he's been their biggest cash cow. No one is buying tickets to watch a backup Qb in GB and no one is tuning in giving the NFL great ratings to watch Aaron's backup. If they punish him and the organization I'm fine with it. Just don't take away draft picks.

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not hassling you - honestly interested - what religion is  ant-vax?

I didn't get your question at first I thought you were referring to the anti-vax crowd. My religion is my faith in my savior than faith in a vaccine.

Edited by St Vince

31 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I didn't get your question at first I thought you were referring to the anti-vax crowd. My religion is my faith in my savior than faith in a vaccine.

Okay....thats fine and consistent with the concept of religion IMO - i.e. its a personal choice of tenets / theories which people choose to enhance their lives. So long as it remains "personal" and doesnt become ingrained in some law somewhere.....I've no hassle with it at all. It's not my personal choice - but that doesnt mean it cant be others. Fine with me.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's not comical, it's just life. I am not sure why people expect differently or think badly about the league over this. It is well documented that the TEAM is primarily in charge of enforcement. After all, it is the TEAM that is at risk, not the league. And when it becomes glaringly apparent the TEAM may have not been enforcing the rules, the league steps in.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with how the league handled this.

My issue with how the league handled it is how they are now pretending to treat this like it matters to them when a week ago it clearly didn't.  Multiple players they know are not vaccinated have been publicly out of compliance for the entire season.  For the league to be now point at the team(s) as lax in their enforcement is disingenuous at best.  Yes, the teams are at fault for looking the other way on clear violations, but no more so that the league itself.

That's the comical part about the whole thing. If Rodgers is threatening all of mankind by holding press conferences without a mask, why wasn't he fined weeks ago ?? And why weren't the numerous other players who were outwardly and publicly not vaxxed fined ? It's the usual garbage by the NFL. Making up sh*t as they go along and being blatantly idiotic about the who, when, where, why.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I made a conscience effort to avoid the Rodgers covid conversation so this is my first and last post on this subject.  I'm totally in Rodgers corner. The government or employer shouldn't mandate anyone to put something in their bodies that they don't believe in. Me myself didn't and won't take it for my religious beliefs. On the other hand Rodgers should've been more transparent and followed the protocols. I'm not upset with the guy it just happened at bad time with the #1 seed at stake. The NFL is just blowing a lot of hot air, everyone knows Rodgers is one of the faces of the NFL. The guy has made the league countless millions in ticket and jersey sales he's been their biggest cash cow. No one is buying tickets to watch a backup Qb in GB and no one is tuning in giving the NFL great ratings to watch Aaron's backup. If they punish him and the organization I'm fine with it. Just don't take away draft picks.

Trust me buddy, nobody had any doubt you were weren't vaccinated.

• Like 5