Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's the comical part about the whole thing. If Rodgers is threatening all of mankind by holding press conferences without a mask, why wasn't he fined weeks ago ?? And why weren't the numerous other players who were outwardly and publicly not vaxxed fined ? It's the usual garbage by the NFL. Making up sh*t as they go along and being blatantly idiotic about the who, when, where, why.

I think everyone is in agreement that the NFL is stupid

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, St Vince said:

I didn't get your question at first I thought you were referring to the anti-vax crowd. My religion is my faith in my savior than faith in a vaccine.

Proverbs 22:3 A shrewd person sees danger and hides himself, but the naive keep right on going and suffer for it.

Luke 4:6-14 Then the devil led Jesus to Jerusalem and put him on a high place of the Temple. He said to Jesus, “If you are the Son of God, jump down. It is written in the Scriptures: ‘He has put his angels in charge of you to watch over you. It is also written: ‘They will catch you in their hands so that you will not hit your foot on a rock.’” Jesus answered, “But it also says in the Scriptures: ‘Do not test the Lord your God.

I have yet to actually witness a coherent theological argument against vaccinations.  All major religions are in favor of vaccinations, the pope is out here saying "go get vaccinated" and even if he wasn't, Catholics get the principle of double effect to rely on.  The Jehovah's Witnesses gave up the fight in 1952.  Islam and Judaism specifically make exceptions for medical treatments using otherwise forbidden materials.  The LDS is strongly in favor of vaccination.  Christian Scientists don't even forbid vaccination.  There can't be that many people following that one religion that believes chiropractic treatment cures everything, can there?

It genuinely feels that like people claiming "religious exceptions" are just trying to hide their political objection behind something people won't argue with them about.   Like if your pastor says to not drink Coca Cola or go to Disney World, y'all know that doesn't actually come from the Bible right?

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 4

Just now, Leader said:

I'd ease off with the Biblical quotes guys. It's entirely uncalled for and has nothing to do with the Packers. To each their own as far as religion goes.

I think the only forum rule not broken so far is politics. I think @Norm was trying to introduce that. Hope nobody takes the bait, but this ain't cooling down anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

I think the only forum rule not broken so far is politics. I think @Norm was trying to introduce that. Hope nobody takes the bait, but this ain't cooling down anytime soon. 

Difference of opinion then. I see nothing to get hot about. It's not between us.

3 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I have yet to actually witness a coherent theological argument against vaccinations.  All major religions are in favor of vaccinations, the pope is out here saying "go get vaccinated".  The Jehovah's Witnesses gave up the fight in 1952.  Islam and Judaism specifically make exceptions for medical treatments using otherwise forbidden materials.  The Christian Scientists don't even forbid vaccination.  There can't be that many people following that one religion that believes chiropractic treatment cures everything, can there?

It genuinely feels that like people claiming "religious exceptions" are just trying to hide their political objection behind something people won't argue with them about. 

Hey, don't knock it until you try it! 😂

Seriously though, I love my chiropractor, but not for medicinal purposes. 

21 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

My issue with how the league handled it is how they are now pretending to treat this like it matters to them when a week ago it clearly didn't.  Multiple players they know are not vaccinated have been publicly out of compliance for the entire season.  For the league to be now point at the team(s) as lax in their enforcement is disingenuous at best.  Yes, the teams are at fault for looking the other way on clear violations, but no more so that the league itself.

I don't see any problem with them simply investigating.