Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Royce Newman ended up with my 3rd lowest OL grade in any game over the past 4 years. Only Alex Light and Byron Bell had worse games.

It was nice to get Newman some reps, but he needs to be shown the weight room and the bench for the remainder of the season.

Bahk-Jenkins-Patrick-Runyan-Turner for the short term, than sub Patrick for Myers by the time December rolls around.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It was nice to get Newman some reps, but he needs to be shown the weight room and the bench for the remainder of the season.

Bahk-Jenkins-Patrick-Runyan-Turner for the short term, than sub Patrick for Myers by the time December rolls around.

I would assume that's the plan once everyone is back.

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Royce Newman is now 71 of 76 qualifying guards per PFF's grades.

If I remember correctly he was 63 of 68 or so last week so...he's still bad.

Aaron Nagler -   Chris Jones will make anyone look bad, but I keep sayin - put Jenkins at center, slide Patrick over to RG.

• Peter Bukowski -  To me it’s as simple as Jenkins best spot is guard and Patrick’s best spot is center. JRJ is the 2nd best guard on the team. So just play those guys there.

Aaron Nagler -   I just think Jenkins is much better at center than any other option and it's a much more important position than guard for making the offense go. That's just me.

• Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   Jenkins is a proven Pro Bowler at LT and LG, yet could still be playing out of his best position at C.

(I'm not so sure about the LT comment but there you have it...............)

Peter Bukowski -   Plus Newman beat out Patrick in preseason. So why bench Newman to play a guy who lost the job to him and then wasnt good at LG either?

• Aaron Nagler -  Because Patrick is a vet who may lose a matchup from time to time, but he battles and is assignment sure, something Newman seems to continue to struggle with. Plus, I don't think the drop off would be nearly as severe as you suggest. Again, that's just me.
Edited by Leader

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -    Aaron Rodgers needs to finish top 3 in the following to earn an additional $500K of incentives, $100K each.

Progress after Week 9 (2020 Finish)

Passer Rating: 5th (1st)
Completion %: 11th (1st)
Interception %: 3rd (1st)
Yards per Att: 14th (3rd)
TD Passes: 5th (1st)

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

In perhaps some of the most random news ive found. Shailene is wiiild wild huh

It's like some sort of 9/11 conspiracy collage

That being said, the thing she's making fun of seems pretty dumb

Edited by Norm