Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Just now, NFLGURU said:

He wanted out of Cleveland.

But he was still playing and playing hard.  It's not crazy to want your skills to be utilized, and Cleveland was a run-first team that didn't want to feature him in the passing game because their QB was hurt and playing poorly.  Odell had little respect for Baker, because Baker earned little respect.

But despite all that, he played through a significant shoulder injury, made aggressive blocks on the field, and from my review won consistently at the snap and down the field.  Baker just couldn't get him the ball.

If he wants to play with Rodgers, it's because he respects Rodgers and the GB staff.  He could wind up being wrong about it being a good idea.  He could be wrong or have bad expectations about what he's been asked to do.  But do not forget that Cleveland is a broken team just pulling out of a LONG tailspin.  Odell could very easily see a stable organization with a HOF QB as just the spot to resuscitate his career.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -   If Odell Beckham Jr clears waivers (likely) he would be a free agent able to sign with any team. If he signs for the veteran minimum, it would cost $537,500 on his new team's salary cap. The Packers have a little over $4M of space remaining for the entire year.

///

If he clears and designates GB......this clearly isnt about the money - which was our only "in" from the get go.
We cant give him what other teams can.......he has to want to come here for less.
He has to want that ring :)

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

But he was still playing and playing hard.  It's not crazy to want your skills to be utilized, and Cleveland was a run-first team that didn't want to feature him in the passing game because their QB was hurt and playing poorly.  Odell had little respect for Baker, because Baker earned little respect.

But despite all that, he played through a significant shoulder injury, made aggressive blocks on the field, and from my review won consistently at the snap and down the field.  Baker just couldn't get him the ball.

If he wants to play with Rodgers, it's because he respects Rodgers and the GB staff.  He could wind up being wrong about it being a good idea.  He could be wrong or have bad expectations about what he's been asked to do.  But do not forget that Cleveland is a broken team just pulling out of a LONG tailspin.  Odell could very easily see a stable organization with a HOF QB as just the spot to resuscitate his career.

He may have played hard, but he was always a distraction and a malcontent. And that **** does not bode well in a team environment.

3 minutes ago, n8ghee said:

He may have played hard, but he was always a distraction and a malcontent. And that **** does not bode well in a team environment.

I disagree.  He hasn't been a distraction or malcontent.  The Browns acquired a player they later realized that they did not want.  That is not the player's fault.  The player also got hurt.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

We cant give him what other teams can.......he has to want to come here for less.

Yes and no.  There's also CLEARLY an opportunity for a pass catcher to separate themselves and be extremely productive.  That is not the cast on a lot of other contending teams.

Edited by skibrett15

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I disagree.  He hasn't been a distraction or malcontent.  The Browns acquired a player they later realized that they did not want.  That is not the player's fault.  The player also got hurt.

You’re free to disagree. This is America, afterall. I will respectfully wholeheartedly disagree.

Just now, n8ghee said:

You’re free to disagree. This is America, afterall. I will respectfully wholeheartedly disagree.

sure.  that's fine.  What has he done to cast himself as a malcontent/distraction on the Browns though?  

like specifically?  The closest thing I can think of was an instagram post by his father?  His release was followed by an outpouring of support from his teammates.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Yes and no.  There's also CLEARLY an opportunity for a pass catcher to separate themselves and be extremely productive.  That is not the cast on a lot of other contending teams.

Not sure what you're saying.........
That the opportunity for a guy at his position may not be the same or other teams (?) - therefore, its not just about the money? If so, thats true....but my comment wasnt all that expansive.