Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

His Cleveland contract only mattered if he was claimed. He's a bona fide free agent right now.

The prevailing assumption would be that he will sign a 1 year deal, then test the larger FA waters when more teams have cap room.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

My brain tells me not to get my hopes up as he most likely ends up somewhere else, and even if he came to Green Bay his impact would probably not be as great as it would seem...... my hopes are up anyway.

My brain is nervous to add him to our group. I can talk myself into being cool with it, if he in fact does sign with us. 

Just now, n8ghee said:

My brain is nervous to add him to our group. I can talk myself into being cool with it, if he in fact does sign with us. 

The longer it takes, the more likely he comes to Green Bay, because it will take some time to work out the salary cap limitations. Teams with more cap room could sign him quickly. Teams like Green Bay with a tight cap will take some finagling. 

Just now, Leader said:

Andy Herman -   Tomorrow’s news:

Saints: We have officially signed Odell Beckham

Packers: We are making another move at long snapper.

Also Packers: we have also placed three more players on IR but they should be back at some point 

Tampa just resigned Perriman so he's not going there. I'd say Seattle is the front-runner because Wilson wants to blow him and that's a Schneider/Carroll move.

Saints probably second, and the Chiefs will be in the mix because they're always aggressive there. Baltimore could be a darkhorse as well. I'd put GB about 5 or 6 on the list.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

No clue if its true....but.......

NFL Update -  Packers Davante Adams has been recruiting Odell Beckham Jr.

Lol accounts like these are always just looking for as much likes and retweets as possible. 100% they posted this because Davante sent this 2 years ago on Odell's IG page.

FDcLgQaUYAImRv7?format=jpg