Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

It's weird how many people are so big on signing OBJ when the man hasn't had a Pro-Bowl caliber season since 2016, and that's not even a high bar.  Career catch percentage of 60.6%, averaging 4 TDs a season since 2016, and 1 40+ yard play since 2019.  Hell, Davante has more 40+ yard plays in the past season and a half than Odell does since 2017.  And if you're tired of injuries on the Packers, wait till you see OBJ!  Man has played in all 16 games twice in a seven year career. 

But!  Hey!  At least he's also a really poor blocker on the edge!  Perfect for a system that requires its receivers to block!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

It's weird how many people are so big on signing OBJ when the man hasn't had a Pro-Bowl caliber season since 2016, and that's not even a high bar.  Career catch percentage of 60.6%, averaging 4 TDs a season since 2016, and 1 40+ yard play since 2019.  Hell, Davante has more 40+ yard plays in the past season and a half than Odell does since 2017.  And if you're tired of injuries on the Packers, wait till you see OBJ!  Man has played in all 16 games twice in a seven year career. 

But!  Hey!  At least he's also a really poor blocker on the edge!  Perfect for a system that requires its receivers to block!

Bro we went over a decade with Thompson not signing anyone. Of course the GB fans are like spoiled kids in a toy store, we want to sign every single hot  FA that hits the street.

Edited by St Vince

1 minute ago, St Vince said:

Bro we went over a decade with Thompson not signing anyone. Of course the GB fans are like kids in a toy store, we want to sign every single hot  FA that hits the street.

Actually not. I think our offense could really use the shot of adrenaline he could provide.
We've had a HUGE hole at WR2 all year. I hope OBJ wants to give us a shot. I sense KC (maybe SEA) s only gonna get richer though. Oh well. It will be an opportunity lost IMO.

9 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

If Mayfield refuses to throw him the ball - even if he’s wide open - because they’ve been feuding or whatever, that would explain his lack of production.

I’m Switzerland on signing OBJ for the record.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually not. I think our offense could really use the shot of adrenaline he could provide.
We've had a HUGE hole at WR2 all year. I hope OBJ wants to give us a shot. I sense KC (maybe SEA) s only gonna get richer though. Oh well. It will be an opportunity lost IMO.

If they can make the money work I'm all for it. Can't have enough weapons 

18 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Entertainment value is what I am here for.  Fits in with the 3 ring circus of the GB 2021 season. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Lol accounts like these are always just looking for as much likes and retweets as possible. 100% they posted this because Davante sent this 2 years ago on Odell's IG page.

FDcLgQaUYAImRv7?format=jpg

Hes been "liking" stuff on Twitter today too about OBJ. Wouldn't surprise me if lots of are guys reach out. Tae knows this is probably his best shot, so does Aaron, Preston, Z. This team is going to look entirely different next year.

20 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

He can actually separate on a route, something MVS, Lazard and Cobb can't. 

He's definitely not what he once was, but he is a quality #2 that available for probably the min salary and no draft pick compensation, how often does that happen in season?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He can actually separate on a route, something MVS, Lazard and Cobb can't. 

He's definitely not what he once was, but he is a quality #2 that available for probably the min salary and no draft pick compensation, how often does that happen in season?

Will he sign an 8 game min value contract?

i don’t trust him on a multi year deal, given the cap issues next year would make a multi year deal hard to structure in a way that protects the teams interests.