Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, oldmansmell said:

Yeah I think OBJ knows that he can have an impact season with rodgers, he's the type of receiver 12 loves. Hardworker who stresses the details, I still think I'd also be frustrated if I had never had a qb who could take advantage of that skillset. 

Mayfield hated him, which is why I kinda like OBJ, lol.

Dude had an ACL last year.  Usually takes some time to fully recover from that.  Been a little over a year.  Wonder if he lost speed ability to cut.   Coming in so late also will limit his impact.  Takes time to learn a new offense and build chemistry with Rodgers.  Dunno if he wants to come here on the cheap go for it.  Otherwise pass.

53 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

It's weird how many people are so big on signing OBJ when the man hasn't had a Pro-Bowl caliber season since 2016, and that's not even a high bar.  Career catch percentage of 60.6%, averaging 4 TDs a season since 2016, and 1 40+ yard play since 2019.  Hell, Davante has more 40+ yard plays in the past season and a half than Odell does since 2017.  And if you're tired of injuries on the Packers, wait till you see OBJ!  Man has played in all 16 games twice in a seven year career. 

But!  Hey!  At least he's also a really poor blocker on the edge!  Perfect for a system that requires its receivers to block!

I'm firmly in the firmless camp. I will get excited if our staff likes him enough to give him a shot, and I will not care whatsoever if he ends up somewhere else.