Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

Packers Aaron and lazard got cancelled

The woke mob got em. 

I feel bad for Lazard, dude doesn’t make that much coin, basically playing on a league minimum deal. 

Rodgers could wipe his *** with 15k. and flush it down without a second thought. 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

which reads exactly like his team is trying to leverage one of those teams (or another) to increase the money

Could be but you dont know his motives. As PR posted - he's already pocketed over 11M from CLE this year - and he's far from poor.

My team of dread is KC. That would really be a case of the rich getting richer.

Just now, incognito_man said:

"muzzle your QB"

The league doesnt care what he says about COVID matters.

Good that the league's come down with a decision. Now all the players in this little drama can get back to doing the job of playing (and administering) a football season.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Could be but you dont know his motives. As PR posted - he's already pocketed over 11M from CLE this year - and he's far from poor.

My team of dread is KC. That would really be a case of the rich getting richer.

KC would be perfect. They're pretty average and at least it's not some NFC contender getting him

Just now, deltarich87 said:

KC would be perfect. They're pretty average and at least it's not some NFC contender getting him

yep, i actually don't even care where he goes. I don't see him tipping the scales that much for or against GB regardless. Still, would (1) prefer him in GB on vet min and then (2) somewhere else in AFC

just because

• Like 1

Just now, deltarich87 said:

They're having problems sure....but reports of their demise are way too premature IMO.
Besides....we actually NEED him more than KC does.

53 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Yeah I think OBJ knows that he can have an impact season with rodgers, he's the type of receiver 12 loves. Hardworker who stresses the details, I still think I'd also be frustrated if I had never had a qb who could take advantage of that skillset. 

I don't think that jives with the Cleveland article.  It suggested that he didn't stress the details, and instead ran his own routes, not the routes that were scripted or expected.  Not sure how I see that being much of a fit for Rodgers.  At all.  Of course, perhaps on every play a receiver is reading the defense, and the QB is reading the defense, so I suppose perhaps Rodgers and Odell might both read it the right way, and its Mayfield who didn't understand the options built into their plays, beats me.  

But yeah, given the importance of blocking and of going where Rodgers anticipates, hard to see how he'd be much of a fit or get many snaps or targets with the Packers.  

Still, as Alex noted, what's the risk?  *IF* the Packers were to sign him, all it would indicate is that there's a chance that he might be more usable than Malik or some other special teamer.  Given how bad our special teams is, I'm not sure that replacing some end-of-roster ST guy like Malik is going to do us any damage, so I have no objection to taking a look, *IF* Rodgers and the Packers feel like doing so.  

2 minutes ago, VicPez said:

As Packers fans, I think we got off easy here.  Fines going to people who can easily pay for it, and no suspensions or loss of draft picks. 

ProFootballTalk -   The $14,650 fine for Rodgers is peanuts, given that he violated COVID protocol during every single press conference with reporters present. He benefited from the fact that the Packers are tiptoeing on eggshells around him.