Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I don’t think anyone will move the needle to be honest. Rodgers isn’t going to now all of a sudden be throwing 50/50 balls to Odell. No one really on offense from a skill position I think will do much given the scheme and QB and this happening mid season.

Odell will live in designed plays to him and plays breaking down territory.

They got a DT (snacks) last year that they literally didn’t use when the run D was bad.

I doubt some WR is going to come in and put up numbers without heavy lifting from a game planning stand point.

They would need to hope Odell could learn enough by playoffs, and at this point that’s the play.

I really don’t agree. OBJ still needs to be accounted for. Amd I think a change of scenery could do wonders for Odell. Could be Gute’s Randy Moss moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think he ends up in New Orleans

Could be. A factor not discussed might come into play there: the adoration factor.
He'd definitely get the most love he's gotten since his NY days.
If that matters to him...thats the place that beast will get fed.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My opinion, OBJ knows he's not playing this week because you can't pick up a playbook in a few days. He knows where he's signing, but he knows he's a FA next year and his ego says, drag this out a few days, make it seem like there were multiple teams interested and it was this long drawn out decision. Keep feeding beat writers more and more teams that have reached out. 

I think he'll probably "decide" tomorrow. It will be a vet min contract from GB or KC. Playing with Rodgers or Mahomes is his best chance at a ring and a nice deal in 22.

Mahomes hasn't exactly been lighting it up this year.  Not sure this year's Mahomes will get him a ring unless he suddenly starts finding his rhythm and throws again.

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I really don’t agree. OBJ still needs to be accounted for. Amd I think a change of scenery could do wonders for Odell. Could be Gute’s Randy Moss moment. 

Randy had an off-season with them though… they are getting odell at week 9.

7 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It sure can't be a good sign for GB's chances that they have made an offer, and he is sitting on it hoping for something better.

agreed. there was obviously no benefit to GB having that leaked, so it was leaked by OBJ's camp for a reason, and that reason is unlikely to be because he is planning to sign here

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

agreed. there was obviously no benefit to GB having that leaked, so it was leaked by OBJ's camp for a reason, and that reason is unlikely to be because he is planning to sign here

Yep. The fact that the offer was leaked is a valid reason for GB to take a hard line and not increase it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My opinion, OBJ knows he's not playing this week because you can't pick up a playbook in a few days. He knows where he's signing, but he knows he's a FA next year and his ego says, drag this out a few days, make it seem like there were multiple teams interested and it was this long drawn out decision. Keep feeding beat writers more and more teams that have reached out. 

I think he'll probably "decide" tomorrow. It will be a vet min contract from GB or KC. Playing with Rodgers or Mahomes is his best chance at a ring and a nice deal in 22.

Agreed.  Even if he signs for the vet minimum, he can say he turned down better offers to continue the illusion that there were multiple interested teams offering more.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The illusion of more interest. There's no benefit for his camp to leak anything, no one's paying him more than what he's getting from Cle, the only benefit is that the public thinks Odell had loads of interest and his ego is stroked.

Don't care if he comes here or not, but if its between GB and KC, these 2 team just played, and could end up in the Super Bowl.  We should have been in that game with 2 missed FG and Jordan Love.  

Add Rodgers, Z Smith, Alex and Bak and Stokes and it should pretty clear as far as the possibility of getting a ring should they meet.