Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

The only issue I have with him taking time is… it’s mid season. You need to get a playbook and hit the ground running on that.

I get like this week is a wash and likely even next week.

But the sooner I think the better. More so if he is thinking GB, given how much the QB wants you to know what you are doing.

Well will need to be Friday so he can collect his paycheck for the week.  Agree with Green he needs to get in right away.  New team he'll have limited impact for at least a few weeks as he gets up to speed.  Can't blame him for taking a bit of time to decide.  Guess I'll quit checking my computer every 30 seconds.  He's probably fishing for a longer term contract. 

The Packers should keep calling.  Let him know we want him.  Guess any extra cash doesn't make any difference to OBJ as Cleveland is footing the bill.  Gotta think if that is the case GB would give him his best shot not only to get a ring but also increase his value for next year.

• Like 1

It comes down to what is most important to OBJ... Does he want to come into a system as a role player and compete for a championship, or does he want to do be targeted enough to earn him another pay day? I don't think the latter happens in GB. He needs to be all in as a league minimum player with a HOF QB that will def give him shots on the field and shots at the ring. That being said, it is not going to be his career is out of nowhere rejuvenated. I would love him as a weapon, and I don't think he is a horrible locker room guy... However, there has to be an understanding of the role.

Kim Jones -    From @RapSheet & me: Indications are that Odell Beckham Jr. is “going to take some time” to decide on his next team and that decision is “a few days away.” So, stay tuned.

• Andrew Brandt  -    Translation: No good offers yet.

Aaron Nagler -   Can’t believe easy access to Kroll’s didn’t close the deal.