Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

52 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Not at all. It’s smart business. What if Rodgers/Mahommes etc get hurt Sunday?

What makes this week stand out as being critical?  Why not wait another 4 weeks to sign and have a much better picture of who's in the best position for the post-season? 

53 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

By now I've read about 30 conflicting articles regarding whether Beckham has off-set language, basically guaranteeing that he's going to get a vet minimum deal. If this is true, then the "money" part of this is basically a non-issue because no team, nor Beckham, would have any financial interest in getting a better deal that is simply going to impact the off-set language in his contract. I.e. if the Packers offer $500k but the Saints offer $1m, it's irrelevant because it would only mean the new team is paying that money instead of the Browns. Thus, a team would have to give Beckham a contract upwards of $3-4m in order to top what I've read is his off-set amount. We can probably assume that's not happening. 

Unless NE is offering a multi-year deal.

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

OBJ got smacked in the face with a dose of reality.  Fought his way out of Cleveland. He was probably thinking there would be some kind of bidding war for him.   He has enough talent to scrape up a vet minimum contract.  Thats gotta hurt.

Or he’s just taking his time and making the best decision for him and his family.  Even if it inconveniences impatient Packers fans. 

• Like 1