Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

They finally going to turn this guy loose?

4 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Yeah, I hope this to mean that he's set to start practicing next week, which will then give a better time frame on a potential return.

All we need him to do is rush the passer on 2nd and long and 3rd down. Just let him eat. It is about that time Z. 

My big wish for this coming week is we see the following 4 people in practice, even in a limited way:

David Bakhtiari

Za'Darius Smith

Jaire Alexander

Josh Myers

Might not see them on the field for 3 weeks, but hopefully we see them on or before our 16th game of the season.  Fingers crossed.

I'd also like to hear that Aaron Jones knee and Rodgers pinky toe are feeling a whole lot better with a week off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

My big wish for this coming week is we see the following 4 people in practice, even in a limited way:

David Bakhtiari

Za'Darius Smith

Jaire Alexander

Josh Myers

Might not see them on the field for 3 weeks, but hopefully we see them on or before our 16th game of the season.  Fingers crossed.

I'd also like to hear that Aaron Jones knee and Rodgers pinky toe are feeling a whole lot better with a week off.

Yah another 3 weeks sounds about right.  Play a game or two in the regular season to knock the rust off and get ready for a Superbowl run.  Jones should be a full go.  Rodgers forget it that toe will bother him the rest of the season.  Broken toes take forever to heal.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -  Dean Lowry’s pass rush stats via PFF:

2019: 357 snaps | 21 PR | 0 sacks
2020: 359 snaps | 21 PR | 3 sacks
2021: 274 snaps | 25 PR | 4 sacks

I was just gonna post this. 

Who was the person who laughed at me for saying Dean Lowry is playing better than last year??? 

38 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

And i still dont think its a huge marked improvement. 

He improved his pressure rate by 19% with 80 less snaps , and the run defense has been playing better as a whole. 

If you don’t think that’s a significant improvement I really don’t know what to tell ya 🤷🏻‍♂️. He’s never going to be a superstar but he’s doing his job.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

He improved his pressure rate by 19% with 80 less snaps , and the run defense has been playing better as a whole. 

If you don’t think that’s a significant improvement I really don’t know what to tell ya 🤷🏻‍♂️. He’s never going to be a superstar but he’s doing his job.

Go ahead and take a gander at the grade pff, the site quoted, has him sitting at. Then compare that to last year. 

Whats he done since we had this conversation 4 weeks ago?

Also. "Dean doing his job not being a superstar" has been my whole *** point this whole time.

Edited by HighCalebR

13 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Go ahead and take a gander at the grade pff, the site quoted, has him sitting at. Then compare that to last year. 

Whats he done since we had this conversation 4 weeks ago?

Also. "Dean doing his job not being a superstar" has been my whole *** point this whole time.

I’m not going to count his pressures, if you’d like to be my best.

Dude, the only thing I’m saying is he’s playing better than last year … that’s it. Nobody is calling him a superstar. I really don’t think it’s debatable and if that truly is your point , I don’t get why you’re so upset at it. 

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Dude, the only thing I’m saying is he’s playing better than last year … that’s it. Nobody is calling him a superstar. I really don’t think it’s debatable and if that truly is your point , I don’t get why you’re so upset at it. 

Ive legitimately never been upset about this? Lol you brought it back up.

Hes pulling the exact same grade as he always does.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Not Aaron Rodgers (9-3) -   Rank your top 5 favorite Packers of all time I’ll start:

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Brett Favre
3. Charles Woodson
4. Donald Driver
5. Davante Adams

1. Nick Collins
2. Charles Woodson
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Reggie White
5. Jordy Nelson

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Is playing better than last year a high bar to clear?