Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

2022 would be tougher for sure but after that .... lots of dollars to work with.  It certainly can be done IF all parties agree.

2023 cap is projected to be at 225-230

2024 is projected to be at 255

yes there is more to work with, and all FA will want more.   After a 2022 potential purge of some players, there will be holes to fill with minimal options in FA due to limit cap space.  2023 has Turner, Amos, Lowry, Keke with Savage and Gary being in line for 5th year salary bumps

On 12/8/2021 at 9:08 AM, squire12 said:

Based on previous contracts, I would think that Rodgers would want a salary in the/ near the top 3-4 paid QB's.  That's likely $42-45M.

Let's say add 3 more years at $45M per year after 2022.

Cap hits

2022 around $18M ( down from $46)

2023 around $30M

2024 around $50M

2025 around $75M

I"m a HELL no to this amount for the guy. If he really wants to retire a Packer and his priority is his legacy and winning championships, he should take a contract at this point in his career that reflects those feelings. 

That contract does not. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

Aaron Nagler -  Bojorquez ranks fourth in the NFL with a 43.8-yard net average. In the past 45 years, the Packers never had a punter finish in the NFL’s top five in net punting. Only seven times has a Packers punter finished in the top 10.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -  Bojorquez ranks fourth in the NFL with a 43.8-yard net average. In the past 45 years, the Packers never had a punter finish in the NFL’s top five in net punting. Only seven times has a Packers punter finished in the top 10.

As the weather turns, in all likelihood they won't have one this year either. 

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Kris Burke -  So I heard Aaron Rodgers spent his bye week on the sofa reading The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart, hanging out with Davante Adams, and resting his toe. In other words, he was a couch Poe-Tae-Toe.

:)

Who'd you steal that from?  I see now .. Kris Burke. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Kris Burke -  So I heard Aaron Rodgers spent his bye week on the sofa reading The Raven and The Tell-Tale Heart, hanging out with Davante Adams, and resting his toe. In other words, he was a couch Poe-Tae-Toe.

:)

your account image is perfect for posting this quote