Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

58 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Is Stokes good or is he not good?

Has King been playing well?

Where will our corners likely line up when Jaire comes back?

King has missed 1/2 of the games this year .. not concerned where he goes when Jaire comes back.  Stokes IS good and Douglas has been a pick 6 machine.

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Agree I think it should go to Bilachek.  What he did in NE this year yah I'd give it to him.  MLF is deserving he's done a fine job but BB gets the nod.

How many injuries has NE had to key personnel this year?  Just curious if BB has had to deal with that as MLF has. 

Maggie Loney -  How impressive are Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon as a RB tandem?

Dillon: 614 rushing yards, 2 TD
Jones: 599 rushing yards, 4 TD

Dillon: 261 receiving yards, 2 TD
Jones: 328 receiving yards, 5 TD

1,802 yards from scrimmage for the duo and 13 touchdowns.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Maggie Loney -  How impressive are Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon as a RB tandem?

Dillon: 614 rushing yards, 2 TD
Jones: 599 rushing yards, 4 TD

Dillon: 261 receiving yards, 2 TD
Jones: 328 receiving yards, 5 TD

1,802 yards from scrimmage for the duo and 13 touchdowns.

Man has Jones really scored 9 TDs? It hasn’t felt like he has been getting into the end zone a ton this year to me.

9 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Packers are doing it with 4 new OL, without their best 2 defensive players and TE plus a special teams that is an absolute disaster.   That's why I give MLF the nod.

You know the bolded part does not enhance your argument? He's the head coach of the whole team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Some info............

Paul Bretl -  Packers sign WR Josh Malone to PS with EQ and Taylor injured on Sunday.

6’3” | 205 | 4th Rnd pick 2017
26 career tgts | 11 rec | 8.3 YPC | TD (PFF)
7 career KR attempts | 20.0 YPR
Time with Cincy, NYJ, and Denver

Looked into his collegiate career at Tennessee, and saw nothing concerning returns of any kind. In short, he's been learning on the fly at the Pro level. He may have High School Experience, but that's roughly a 6-7 year gap between that and the Pros.

A closer look at his pro stats shows his returns came during last season, and that the number of snaps he took on ST during his pro career have been relatively scarce. He has stretches of 2+ games where he registers snaps on that unit, my guess being one of the Punt units as a gunner or a wing blocker, and will then have stretches where he has no snaps there despite clearly being active and not carrying enough of an offensive workload to justify not being used in that capacity.

Edited by Zycho32

6 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

you'd like him to win coach of the first 3 years award?  Doesn't exist.

No, I am not even saying whether or not he should win coach of the year honors. I am saying that his not being in the conversation and consideration is bull**** IMO. I don't know how to be any clearer.

2 hours ago, BAM said:

No, I am not even saying whether or not he should win coach of the year honors. I am saying that his not being in the conversation and consideration is bull**** IMO. I don't know how to be any clearer.

That's ok he's going to be expensive enough when he gets his new contract.  Also wouldn't say he's not in the conversation he does get some love out there.  Still got 4 more games to go see how everyone finishes up the season.  Right now my vote goes to Belichick.  MLF #2 for sure.  He's done an amazing job this year.  He won't win because he has Rodgers under center.  Understandable if you ask me.