Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 hours ago, BAM said:

No, I am not even saying whether or not he should win coach of the year honors. I am saying that his not being in the conversation and consideration is bull**** IMO. I don't know how to be any clearer.

MLF is unquestionably top 2. I see no real cut and dry argument for Belichick over him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

why

Easily Harbaugh and LaFleur to me. The #1 and #2 teams are battling for the #1 seeds in their respective conferences, unheard of.

BB's team is winning with good defense and a running game, while staying relatively healthy. Doesn't seem too impressive to me in "COY" terms.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Easily Harbaugh and LaFleur to me. The #1 and #2 teams are battling for the #1 seeds in their respective conferences, unheard of.

BB's team is winning with good defense and a running game, while staying relatively healthy. Doesn't seem too impressive to me in "COY" terms.

Yeah, I think people see "Belichick" and "Mac Jones" and their record and miss the forest for the trees.

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Especially in light of Buffalo's collapse! They play in a weak division and have not really beaten too many good teams.

Wins: Jets, Texans, Jets, Chargers, Panters, Browns, Falcons, Titans, Bills

Losses: Dolphins, Saints, Bucs, Cowboys

They beat the Titans without Henry, and Julio for sure. I don't think Brown played the whole game. They lost to Miami in week 1. Miami went on to lose the next 7 games. The Browns were without both stud RBs and Mayfield beat to ****. 

This is the most unimpressive 9-4 there it out there. 

50 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

MLF is unquestionably top 2. I see no real cut and dry argument for Belichick over him.

Stuff like "Belichick installs a completely different offense to run for one week" is pretty impressive, TBH.  He basically ran the single wing since Jones doesn't have the arm to deal with really windy conditions.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Stuff like "Belichick installs a completely different offense to run for one week" is pretty impressive, TBH.  He basically ran the single wing since Jones doesn't have the arm to deal with really windy conditions.

wait, Belichick runs their offense now? Not McDaniels?

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

That's called a gameplan, every coach does that every week.

He did not install a new offense.

37 minutes ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -   According to PFF, the Packers have 271 pressures generated this season, which is the 4th highest total in football.

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Curious what percentage of those pressures came up the middle this year compared to last year? The eye test tells me a bigger percentage this year came from the middle. Which is where QB's hate pressure. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Especially in light of Buffalo's collapse! They play in a weak division and have not really beaten too many good teams.

Wins: Jets, Texans, Jets, Chargers, Panters, Browns, Falcons, Titans, Bills

Losses: Dolphins, Saints, Bucs, Cowboys

They beat the Titans without Henry, and Julio for sure. I don't think Brown played the whole game. They lost to Miami in week 1. Miami went on to lose the next 7 games. The Browns were without both stud RBs and Mayfield beat to ****. 

This is the most unimpressive 9-4 there it out there. 

I say the same thing about Brady being the MVP. The guy is just destroying s*** teams. Half of his TDs are against Atlanta, Chicago , Miami . 

Hig biggest games , Dallas, LAR, Buffalo , Indy and NE 8 TDs 3 INTs 

Big deal. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

why

While I agree on MLF, I suppose one could consider that Bill does personell for NE too and that he really rejuvenated that roster talent and found what looks to be a franchise QB. 

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I agree on MLF, I suppose one could consider that Bill does personell for NE too and that he really rejuvenated that roster talent and found what looks to be a franchise QB. 

They have executive of the year awards, too though.

Just don't see any coach that has overcome more adversity against a gauntlet schedule and is still the #1 seed than MLF. He should be the pretty clear front-runner IMO.

• Like 1