Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't like when they call long developing plays to start a game .. it rarely seems to work.  It takes a while for our Oline to get their footing, and then Rodgers is getting dumped before the play develops.  It happened a few times on the first couple drives against the Bears.  

Rodgers held the ball, those sacks were on him. Every long developing play has a checkdown, it's up to him to take them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Paul Bretl -   According to PFF, the Packers have 271 pressures generated this season, which is the 4th highest total in football.

Gary and Clark, they've both been able to play a lot better pressure-wise this season.  And Lowry and Keke, Preston, all of them have been more effective this year, too.  

But I do think that Rasul and Stokes have made such an impact.  I think there have been a *lot* of coverage pressures.   Compare last year to this, snaps-wise.  (Understanding they played 3 more games last year than thus far this year):

• 2021:  Yiadom 73, Jean-Charles 23.  No other depth guys have played a snap in the secondary.   96 snaps by bad depth guys
  • 2020:  Redmond-Jackson-Raven 340-331-324, almost a thousand snaps.  Hollman, Scott, Samuels, 108-89-13 more.  
  • So, this year they've had <100 snaps played by bad secondary guys; last year  >1200 snaps..  
  • Had you told me in June that neither Jaire nor King would play even 1/3 of the defensive snaps, I'd have expected our secondary, and our season, to be toast.  But instead Rasul and Stokes have done an awesome job.  

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers held the ball, those sacks were on him. Every long developing play has a checkdown, it's up to him to take them.

Yeah .. definitely held the ball too long a few times,but the first 15 plays are supposed to be scripted.  It's not really a script if you have a ton of room for improvising. 

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

I always expected any one of three. Saints, Steelers, Broncos.

I have a hard time believing that he’s going to view Denver, with potentially a new coach and no draft capital, as giving him a better chance to win than Green Bay, even with some cap casualties in 2022.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. definitely held the ball too long a few times,but the first 15 plays are supposed to be scripted.  It's not really a script if you have a ton of room for improvising. 

Running a scripted play doesnt mean the defensive scheme is scripted as well.

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

I have a hard time believing that he’s going to view Denver, with potentially a new coach and no draft capital, as giving him a better chance to win than Green Bay, even with some cap casualties in 2022.

Of the teams cited by 1265 - Cowheard touched on each.
PIT has OL problems and uncertainty what they're going to do with JuJu and Claypool.
NOLA has WR issues.
DEN has a decent roster - fairly young / set - so they they can afford the outlay to get AR. The "missing piece" is QB.

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I figure the gameplan involved assuming the Bears were going to key on the short stuff they did against the Rams (which would make double move routes work).  When the Bears didn't jump on that, then they changed what they were calling.