Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Colin Cowherd -     If Aaron Rodgers leaves Green Bay, he has to be the missing piece...

"There's only one place for that. It's the Denver Broncos."

IF Rodgers is traded this offseason I'm sure Gute will do what TT did with Farve - send him off to an AFC team.  Is Denver only a QB away from the promised land?  I would think if Big Ben retired Pitt would be an ideal place for AR to go.  

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

IF Rodgers is traded this offseason I'm sure Gute will do what TT did with Farve - send him off to an AFC team.  Is Denver only a QB away from the promised land?  I would think if Big Ben retired Pitt would be an ideal place for AR to go.  

Depends on how much input they give AR.

PITTs OL is a real step down from both GB and DEN - and in my mind at least - the truly successful teams all have good OLs. Minus that - the entire offense is put in jeopardy. I'd find it odd - if given the choice - that AR selected Pittsburgh over Denver.

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

I understand- I just don’t agree that inserting Aaron Rodgers is a “missing piece” situation.  

Even WITH Rodgers, they are likely the 3rd best team in the AFC West.  Brady was smart in that he picked a team with a good defense in an awful division- Brady knows, based on his AFC East experience with NE, how much being in an awful division sets you up for postseason success.  

I just don’t see any options that are even comparable to what he has in GB.  What do I know though🤷🏻‍♂️

Of course Brady was a FA and could pick and choose where to go.  AR doesn't have that luxury.  If he goes to another team it will only happen if Gute trades him.

MLF's injury comments:

1. said Jaire would participate in practice today.  (Mostly a walk-through.)
  2. Bakhti will not practice.
  3. Z will not practice.
  4. Not sure yet, but thinks/hopes Turner could have a chance  to play again this season.  
  5. No update on Aaron's toe.
Edited by craig
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Of course Brady was a FA and could pick and choose where to go.  AR doesn't have that luxury.  If he goes to another team it will only happen if Gute trades him.

Not really true.  If the Packers elect to keep Aaron for 2022 he becomes a free agent at that years end and could walk out the door just like Brady did.  The Packers agreed not to tag him as well.  They pretty much have to deal the guy this offseason or ink him to new deal.

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not really true.  If the Packers elect to keep Aaron for 2022 he becomes a free agent at that years end and could walk out the door just like Brady did.  The Packers agreed not to tag him as well.  They pretty much have to deal the guy this offseason or ink him to new deal.

Exactly.  And no team is going to trade for Rodgers unless he’s willing to sign a new deal, so Gute and Rodgers’ camp would have to coordinate on where he ultimately winds up.

1 hour ago, Cpdaly23 said:

Exactly.  And no team is going to trade for Rodgers unless he’s willing to sign a new deal, so Gute and Rodgers’ camp would have to coordinate on where he ultimately winds up.

Never underestimate the incompetence of some NFL franchises. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i have a hard time objectively viewing Denver as a better option. However, I don't have a hard time whatsoever envisioning a situation in which Rodgers is able to convince himself otherwise if given a prominent role in franchise decisions (like picking his own HC, for example).

Agree but man o man, it sure seems he and MLF get along well.