Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I say this trying to be non-political if possible…

I wish 12 were vaccinated for COVID protocol reasons but if 12’s MRNA allergy story is true POTUS’s government and others seem to be turning on 12’s only real option in JJ a bit more. I know it’s still really low chances but i don’t know how excited take JJ’s shot at 12’s age and health level would be instead of taking my chances with covid/Antibody treatment.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/12/16/cdc-panel-prefers-pfizer-moderna-vaccines-over-jj-due-to-rare-blood-clot-cases.html

I agree with not being political. Let's just be scientifically sound:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/research-news/13283/

If Aaron was actually concerned about blood clot side effects, he made a stupid decision to forego the vaccine altogether.

• Like 1

Penske, thanks for the injury news.  Having Bakhi (and Jaire) practicing back-to-back is fun.  Would be super fun if they could get back on the field for the Vikings game, and maybe get a couple of real games in before the playoff bye week.  :).  Would love to have Jaire back in the mix against Jefferson.  

Cobb looked to be jogging fairly comfortably.  

Myers looked to be jogging very cautiously, gimpy.  Obviously he's never been built to run fast, but planting and pushing and getting slammed by 300-pound guys, your legs and knees better be pretty strong to manage that.  

Would be cool if he could get back by Detroit week, maybe, and get some snaps in?  

With superstars like Bakhi and Jaire, they'll get used when ready, obviously.  And even if they aren't necessarily fully 100%, they're that good.  But in the case of a one-position guy like Myers, who's still a very inexperienced rookie, I wonder if they'd start him ahead of Patrick even if he was back?  Is a rusty Myers better, even if he's 100%?  And if Myers is able and safe to play, but maybe still only 85%, do you pop him right into the lineup?  Or might he maybe be saved as a contingency guy, who'd go in only if Patrick gets hurt?  

And now they're telling us anyone under 30 should not take the Moderna vaccine.  This just gets better and better making healthy guys like Rodgers look smarter and smarter.

That's a good point about Myers, he's apparently a bit away from being able to go and with the rust he will have at that point I really doubt Patrick will be pulled.  At this point Myers would have to be fully healthy and beat out Patrick in practice to start in front of him I would bet.

As it sits we have no excuse to lose to the Ravens Lamar or not.  As it sits, we should run the table to close out the regular season and we'll have to unless the team wants no bye and a potential trip to Tampa.

35 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I agree with not being political. Let's just be scientifically sound:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/search/research-news/13283/

If Aaron was actually concerned about blood clot side effects, he made a stupid decision to forego the vaccine altogether.

I deleted it because I realized it can’t not get political so just going to disregard it 😂 

3 minutes ago, 15412 said:

As it sits we have no excuse to lose to the Ravens Lamar or not.

IMO this only applies to the DET game. That one we have no business losing - BUT - they're a division foe we play twice a year and that plays into how those games get played out.

BALT, CLE and MIN are far from chump teams.

Should we win? Sure - basis our record - but (again) they're not chump teams and MIN's already handed us a loss.

We have to bring it each week.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

IMO this only applies to the DET game. That one we have no business losing - BUT - they're a division foe we play twice a year and that plays into how those games get played out.

BALT, CLE and MIN are far from chump teams.

Should we win? Sure - basis our record - but (again) they're not chump teams and MIN's already handed us a loss.

We have to bring it each week.

No debating any of that, all true.  What we did against the Vikes last time does not influence me though.  Teams like the Bucs and the Chiefs get to this time of the year and they smell blood.  I think the same of the Packers.  While none of the teams left for us are "chumps" they are inferior.  There are upsets every week, any team can beat us. but we should win every one of those games.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

What if Rodgers intentionally got Covid when he did to avoid being tested the rest of the season?

Then he should have waited one more week, because he's scheduled to be tested the week before the Super Bowl...

• Like 2

PackersWire -   Green Bay Packers running back Aaron Jones did not participate at Thursday’s practice due to a combination of an illness and knee injury.

Jones got shaken up during the Packers’ win over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. It’s unclear if his knee injury is related to the sprained MCL that caused him to miss a game last month.

The Packers will practice again on Friday and release official injury designations on the final injury report later in the day.

14 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Good luck marketing the Dolphins in Spain. Few people follow the NFL at all and the teams that are more or less "known" around the general populace are Cowboys and Patriots first, then maybe Bears - Steelers - Giants.

I have no desire for the Packers to play in Europe unless it is an away game.  Green Bay and the surrounding area need the revenue from home games at Lambeau.

8 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Stokes is not good.  He is very good.  Only thing keeping from being an elite CB really fast is the ability to turn around and find the ball in the air.

King?  I'm not sure, but I think he was behind Stokes, Douglas and Sullivan last game.  I didn't see him out there that much.

King could be CB#5 when Jaire comes back.

For a rookie I think Stokes is very good too and will only get better.