Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Aaron Nagler -   Rasul Douglas is the first player to post an INT in three straight games at Lambeau Field since Nick Collins in 2010.

Anybody do it 4 straight games? If someone did I'd guess one of these players: Herb Adderly, Willie Buchanan or LeRoy Butler. Strongly favoring Adderly. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Anybody do it 4 straight games? If someone did I'd guess one of these players: Herb Adderly, Willie Buchanan or LeRoy Butler. Strongly favoring 

Bobby Dillon might fit in there??  Not sure if Lambeau Field was in play then???

Edited by NFLGURU

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber/SI  -  The Packers have been one of the worst fourth-quarter teams in the NFL.
That's got to change - quickly - with the playoffs on the horizon.

To frickin conservative .. got to start getting some scores instead of just working the clock.  Somewhere along the road it's going to bite the Packers if they don't start scoring more late.  By the way, I do understand working the clock in games but that has to be done wisely and they have gotten by the last 2 games ... barely.

Couple of trends over the past several years:

1. Defense starts the season strong and regresses towards the end of the season

2. Offense is in rhythm and scoring in the 2nd and third quarters, slow in the 1st and conservative in the 4th

3. Special teams is mostly “special” all year around, on average

4.  It’s largely been the offense that collapses in key playoff games, not the defense

MLF can make adjustments to keep the offense cooking.  I’m not worried about the defense as much as I was yesterday, however, the run D has to be better.  We need more “all gas, no effin brake” in the 4th quarter from all units.

19 hours ago, coachbuns said:

To frickin conservative .. got to start getting some scores instead of just working the clock.  Somewhere along the road it's going to bite the Packers if they don't start scoring more late.  By the way, I do understand working the clock in games but that has to be done wisely and they have gotten by the last 2 games ... barely.

What happened to .. All gas, no f'n brake?

30 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

There's that, and everyone forgets that NFL coaches/GMs/owners are such manly-man alpha-males that you can't run up the score or someone's feeling will get hurt. 

Well, last night, McCarthy unleashed 20 years of crawling that were bottled up inside him, lol.