Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

Aaron Wilson -     Devonte Dedmon worked out for Packers.

• Paul Bretl -    Dedmon has 70 career PR attempts in the CFL and averaged 15.4 YPR with 3 TDs.
    He also has 65 career KR attempts while averaging 27.2 YPR with 2 TDs.

How is Ervin not the guy you look at bringing back?

hopefully he could have a similar result as Ervin if they sign him 

51 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

How is Ervin not the guy you look at bringing back? hopefully he could have a similar result as Ervin if they sign him 

Acknowledging that this is a CFL/NFL comparison....but:

Dedmon stats:  70 career PR attempts - averaging 15.4 YPR with 3 TDs.
65 career KR attempts - averaging 27.2 YPR with 2 TDs.

Ervins stats:  77 career PR attempts - averaging 8.2 YPR with 0 TDs.
50 career KR attempts - averaging 21.4 YPR with 0 TDs.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Acknowledging that this is a CFL/NFL comparison....but:

Dedmon stats:  70 career PR attempts - averaging 15.4 YPR with 3 TDs.
65 career KR attempts - averaging 27.2 YPR with 2 TDs.

Ervins stats:  77 career PR attempts - averaging 8.2 YPR with 0 TDs.
50 career KR attempts - averaging 21.4 YPR with 0 TDs.

Yeah, I just looked up one of highlights.  This doesn’t happen in the NFL. Still not mad they are leaving no stone unturned.  We need non liability ST, that is the unfortunate standard we aspire to.

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski -  

Aaron Rodgers leads the MVP odds
Matt LaFleur leads the COY odds
Packers and Chiefs are favorites to win the Super Bowl.

It has been a WILD ride over the last 12 months to get back to basically the same place we were a year ago (only this time MLF is getting his propers)

13 hours ago, Refugee said:

Yeah, I just looked up one of highlights.  This doesn’t happen in the NFL. Still not mad they are leaving no stone unturned.  We need non liability ST, that is the unfortunate standard we aspire to.

I think Dedmon is going to find out that NFL players are bigger and a lot faster than CFL players. Ask Reggie Begelton. 

44 minutes ago, Cpdaly23 said:

The idea of signing Dazz Newsome off the bears practice squad seems like a no brainer to me- the guy has some jet motion potential too.  

Not sure why we are sitting on our hands here…

Aren't teams allow to protect up to three players each week on the PS? Maybe they've protected him?

33 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Aren't teams allow to protect up to three players each week on the PS? Maybe they've protected him?

Chicago Bears: 7 things to do with 2021 draft class over final five games - Page 5 (beargoggleson.com)

Since I'm bored. You are correct, at least last week. This took a lot longer than i wanted it to.

Since Adams couldn’t capitalize on his opportunity, that could open the door for rookie wide receiver Dazz Newsome. The sixth-round draft pick from North Carolina was also protected on the practice squad on Tuesday.

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Chicago Bears: 7 things to do with 2021 draft class over final five games - Page 5 (beargoggleson.com)

Since I'm bored. You are correct, at least last week. This took a lot longer than i wanted it to.

Since Adams couldn’t capitalize on his opportunity, that could open the door for rookie wide receiver Dazz Newsome. The sixth-round draft pick from North Carolina was also protected on the practice squad on Tuesday.

They know we’re sniffing around, as are other teams with all the COVID hits not to mention the usual end of season war of attrition. Outside of Gilbert  Brown, who are some other players that we poached from division rivals that had an impact?  Big Bob Tonyan is the most recent in my memory. 

22 minutes ago, Refugee said:

They know we’re sniffing around, as are other teams with all the COVID hits not to mention the usual end of season war of attrition. Outside of Gilbert  Brown, who are some other players that we poached from division rivals that had an impact?  Big Bob Tonyan is the most recent in my memory. 

Not exactly the same:  Letroy Guion.  I think that was an offseason move, but they were done with him in MN.  

• Like 1