Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they decide to keep him on IR then it's a pretty major miscalculation by the Packers doctors.  

How so? The calculation by the medical staff and Alexander was it was worth it to avoid surgery, rehab hard and try to get back this season. Seems like an acceptable calculation to me. I expect him to be activated today, but the covid outbreak has narrowed the window of carrying players not quite ready.

2 minutes ago, BAM said:

How so? The calculation by the medical staff and Alexander was it was worth it to avoid surgery, rehab hard and try to get back this season. Seems like an acceptable calculation to me. I expect him to be activated today, but the covid outbreak has narrowed the window of carrying players not quite ready.

My point was that if he wasn't going to come off the list it was something serious enough that he should have had surgery to repair a couple months ago.  

18 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was reported as AC joint by a couple NFL people .. if that's correct he's had plenty of time to heal.

what was reported and what was actual are not necessarily the same

my point is that we do not know what the exact injury was.  

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

My point was that if he wasn't going to come off the list it was something serious enough that he should have had surgery to repair a couple months ago.  

If the choice was ............

1. surgery and then rehab for 4-5 months...missing the rest of 2021 season and playoffs
  2. rehab for ??? months and see what progress can be made ... chance for late 2021 season return + playoffs
    1. the the back up option of surgery in the offseason if that is needed.

..............then Option 1 was less ideal vs option 2

38 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I hope Jaire is ready to go against the Vikes .. we need him.  He should be plenty healthy given the amount of time he was sidelined.

I doubt he'll play and if he does, not much. MLF seems to enjoy being vague in his conferences however, so who knows.

19 minutes ago, BAM said:

The issue is moot, as they activated him today.

They activiated him today because they had to or his season was done. MLFs presser gave no gurantee he'll play this week.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I doubt he'll play and if he does, not much. MLF seems to enjoy being vague in his conferences however, so who knows.

They activiated him today because they had to or his season was done. MLFs presser gave no gurantee he'll play this week.

He has to get his feet wet in at least a game.  If not this week, then next week at absolute minimum.  Going into the playoffs without any playing rehab time wouldn't be good at all.

What exactly is the "long haul"? We have 3 guaranteed games left this season. I can see maybe resting him one more week but at that point, what are you saving him for--making his first game back a playoff game with no prior game reps? Good luck with that. 

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

He has to get his feet wet in at least a game.  If not this week, then next week at absolute minimum.  Going into the playoffs without any playing rehab time wouldn't be good at all.

I think Z, Jaire and Dave are the caliber of player that anyone on our staff would feel comfortable firing up for a playoff game after a long absence. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I think Z, Jaire and Dave are the caliber of player that anyone on our staff would feel comfortable firing up for a playoff game after a long absence. 

After this long of non contact, fast paced, getting beat on ... not so sure they'd be all that comfortable without playing one snap before a playoff game.  Sure, it would be better than not having them no doubt.  Would just a soon see them get a little bit of "break in" time.  Physically probably ok but mentally .. not so sure.

Edited by coachbuns

5 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I agree. I would hoep that would be the case for any of them comiing back. But we're not familair with the health situations.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would only agree on Z because rushing the passer is just rushing the passer. We don't even need Z in the base because he's a subpar run defender anyways. That being said, if Z isn't designated to return by next week, you can kiss that dream goodbye. 

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

After this long of non contact, fast paced, getting beat on ... not so sure they'd be all that comfortable without playing one snap before a playoff game.  Sure, it would be better than not having them no doubt.  Would just a soon see them get a little bit of "break in" time.  Physically probably ok but mentally .. not so sure.

Vita Vea was pretty big for Tampa in the NFCCG last year after not playing much of the regular season.

I thought the same thing when they said he was active, he filled his role well.

These 3 are studs, if they don't play a snap over the next two weeks, but have the green light come playoff time, I'm trusting them.

Meyers is the interesting one, I might just stick with Patrick if he can't go next week.