Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Vita Vea was pretty big for Tampa in the NFCCG last year after not playing much of the regular season.

I thought the same thing when they said he was active, he filled his role well.

These 3 are studs, if they don't play a snap over the next two weeks, but have the green light come playoff time, I'm trusting them.

Meyers is the interesting one, I might just stick with Patrick if he can't go next week. 

Fat guys on the line is different than a cornerback.  I certainly hope all 3 can come back for sure, if it's the playoffs fine.  Just saying it certainly would be beneficial to get some snaps in before that.   Bak, Jaire, Turner would be great.  Z isn't coming back .. even next year. 

Z doesn't have a contact related back injury, he showed up to camp hurt, meaning it's probably a lower back offseason injury. I'm going to guess some sort of herniated disc or bone spurs.

Not saying he's going to come back this year, but he doesn't have the "kiss of death" kind of back/neck injury that the Packers won't touch related to impact on the field. If he gets a green light, I think they'll play him. Might as well, there's no future here for Z sadly. 

27 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh we're just exposing the whole squad to Covid now to clear up the playoff run, huh?

Management thinks the Vikes are an easy win. Dont need any of the supporting cast. Main characters are enough.

Lancaster was down on the field at one point last week .. maybe his is not covid related?

28 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Oh we're just exposing the whole squad to Covid now to clear up the playoff run, huh?

Management thinks the Vikes are an easy win. Dont need any of the supporting cast. Main characters are enough.

Disappointing that Turner wasn't able to go this week. Looks like he'll miss his 3rd game. 

6 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

If we get lucky and get the top seed and the bye, I don't anticipate seeing Turner until the first game in the playoffs.  I fear Bak is done for the year.  Same with Z.

We'll know that first practice back before the divisional round after we get that bye.

Starting to think they'd rather guarantee having some of these guys for that game, versus getting snaps in these next two games that we should be easily favored in as long as 12 is on the field. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We'll know that first practice back before the divisional round after we get that bye.

Starting to think they'd rather guarantee having some of these guys for that game, versus getting snaps in these next two games that we should be easily favored in as long as 12 is on the field. 

Dangerous way of thinking though. We trip up against Minnesota and lose the bye/homefield, our SB chances go down significantly. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Dangerous way of thinking though. We trip up against Minnesota and lose the bye/homefield, our SB chances go down significantly. 

Jaire is the only one who really factors in the outcome of this one, but he's less important with Thielen out. 

We should cover Jefferson the same way that Baltimore covered Davante and see if Osborn, Westbrook and Smith-Marsette can beat us. There's always a chance for Cook, but Clark absolutely owns Bradbury. 

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Jaire is the only one who really factors in the outcome of this one, but he's less important with Thielen out. 

We should cover Jefferson the same way that Baltimore covered Davante and see if Osborn, Westbrook and Smith-Marsette can beat us. There's always a chance for Cook, but Clark absolutely owns Bradbury. 

I'm more worried about the outside zone runs by Cook. The Browns ate us alive on the edges, especially with Garvin and Tipa in the game (thankfully he's probably out). Those 25 yard runs by Chubb are 50 yard TDs by Cook.