Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

As far as Z, the reason not to bring him back would be if he has any money next year which is gtd for injury.  Since that doesn't appear to be the case, I don't see why they wouldn't fire him up when he's ready.

I tend to agree but I also know that his position requires the ability to bend at the point of contact with the Oline - this puts tremendous pressure on the lower back.

Frankly, when they announced his injury and subsequent surgery, I was skeptical he’d ever play again, much less come back this season.  For his sake, I’m hoping he’ll be ok and can return to action.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting the impression that MLF is a bit frustrated that some of these guys haven't been cleared to play yet? We keep hearing his cliche remarks like "when he's ready, he'll play" and yesterday said, "we want [Jaire] ready for the long haul" and other similar comments.

I would get that if we were still in Week 6. But this is Week 17. Arguably, we're already in playoff football because we need these last 2 wins to secure the bye. There's no room for error. At what point, if you're MLF, do you go to the medical staff and say, "hey, if the guy is 90%, let him play." What are we saving these guys for...hoping that they're full strength in March? At what point, do the Packers say, "well 90% will have to do, let's go."  

Edited by packfanfb

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Anyone else getting the impression that MLF is a bit frustrated that some of these guys haven't been cleared to play yet? We keep hearing his cliche remarks like "when he's ready, he'll play" and yesterday said, "we want [Jaire] ready for the long haul" and other similar comments.

I would get that if we were still in Week 6. But this is Week 17. Arguably, we're already in playoff football because we need these last 2 wins to secure the bye. There's no room for error. At what point, if you're MLF, do you go to the medical staff and say, "hey, if the guy is 90%, let him play." What are we saving these guys for...hoping that they're full strength in March? At what point, do the Packers say, "well 90% will have to do, let's go."  

Just your regular paranoia

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I guess MLF could say that if the medical staff gets to start deciding on play calls and going for it on 4th down or not.  

Paul Bretl -   Josiah Deguara since Week 11 via PFF:

12 rec | 16 tgts | 115 yds | TD
46 of his 76 slot snaps have come during this span
6th among TEs in YAC per catch (6.4 yds)
5th among TEs in run blocking grade

///

Wouldnt mind seeing something resembling a seam route some day......

50 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I guess MLF could say that if the medical staff gets to start deciding on play calls and going for it on 4th down or not.  

I mean, we're not talking about anything crazy here like sending a player out on the field who simply can't go. But Week 17 is different than Week 6 in the season in terms of urgency and players playing hurt, etc. All year, the narrative has been "well let these guys rest and get them ready for the stretch run..." Well, the stretch run is here. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, we're not talking about anything crazy here like sending a player out on the field who simply can't go. But Week 17 is different than Week 6 in the season in terms of urgency and players playing hurt, etc. All year, the narrative has been "well let these guys rest and get them ready for the stretch run..." Well, the stretch run is here. 

Because it is the fans and medias narrative doesn't mean it is factual.