Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

RichRymanPG -   Mark Murphy said today in his Murphy Takes Five column that the #Packers sold almost all 10,000 sets of Cliff Christl's history of he team and have authorized a second printing. I've finished the first of four volumes. Cliff did an excellent job.

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

RichRymanPG -   Mark Murphy said today in his Murphy Takes Five column that the #Packers sold almost all 10,000 sets of Cliff Christl's history of he team and have authorized a second printing. I've finished the first of four volumes. Cliff did an excellent job.

An excellent gift for any Packer fan who really wants to know about Packer history !  I highly recommend.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:
Lol I was hoping for some concrete breaking news here. Instead it's virtually nothing informative, just more "we hope these guys can return at some point."

Taking this at face value, he's got 3 weeks to get back (presuming we hang on to the #1 seed).
Of the 3 top guys (Bak, Jaire & Z). He's been my most unlikely to return - for no good reason than a general feel for back injuries.

Not all back surgeries are catastrophic. Look at what Lawrence is doing in Dallas. He had back surgery. Since we do not know what either of those surgeries entailed it is difficult to to say, but I'm remaining optimistic all three are a go for the playoffs. 

Heck, the Rams are activating a guy who tore his Achilles six months ago. 

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Not all back surgeries are catastrophic. Look at what Lawrence is doing in Dallas. He had back surgery. Since we do not know what either of those surgeries entailed it is difficult to to say, but I'm remaining optimistic all three are a go for the playoffs. Heck, the Rams are activating a guy who tore his Achilles six months ago. 

Okay....but if you want to start putting some focus to those tea leaves - what was Lawrence's problem - or (if not known....) - how long has he been out? Z's coming up on pretty much an entire season.  He played some Week 1 versus NOLA. None since.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay....but if you want to start putting some focus to those tea leaves - what was Lawrence's problem - or (if not known....) - how long has he been out? Z's coming up on pretty much an entire season.  He played some Week 1 versus NOLA. None since.

Lawrence surgery was in the off season. It was his third back surgery in the past 6 years. He got a big-time contract after his first surgery based on this article. 

demarcus lawrence back surgery - Bing

16 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If they weren't relatively sure he's be back at some point before the playoffs why did LaFleur mention his name a few weeks ago as having a chance to begin practicing soon?  I would have thought he just wouldn't have given an update on Z at all.

Maybe he thinks/hopes he will return. He's gotta say something. Who knows. It's a moot point at this juncture.
At this point, when the Three Amigos return.......they return. Till then, we've got to win with what we've got.

Bak is due "time-wise" but that cleanup scope messed up that schedule.
Jaire is purely how healthy that shoulder's becoming - which is impossible to say or tell watching him run around the practice field. Can it absorb contact? Can he make a tackle.
Z...already stated. We'll just have to see and hope for the best.

Meanwhile......we'd do best by *not* losing any more front line guys (yeah, thats right. I'm looking at you Yosh....).

5 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Not all back surgeries are catastrophic. Look at what Lawrence is doing in Dallas. He had back surgery. Since we do not know what either of those surgeries entailed it is difficult to to say, but I'm remaining optimistic all three are a go for the playoffs. 

Heck, the Rams are activating a guy who tore his Achilles six months ago. 

But back injuries are something you assume the worst and hope for the best.  He's missed the entire season at this point.  There's nothing to suggest that he's going to be ready to play, let alone play at a high level when he does get back.

• Like 1