Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Packers will probably possibly never go to London.  I could see the whole London thing ending before we go and play there.  We'd have to miss the plyaoffsl ike 6 years in a row for the NFL to force us to play a home game there, and no owner in the league wants to give up a home game against the Packers because the Packers are one of, if not the most well-traveled fanbases in the league.  If it's a Packer game, in Wisconsin or anywhere, it's probably sold out.  That's a lot of money that an NFL owner won't want to give up. 

Being from Germany it would be a short trip for me as well, but I REALLY hope every year that the Packers don't have to go there. London games are as terrible as it gets. If you look at the stands there's absolutely no chance to determine who's even playing the game, because as maybe 5.000 of the 90.000 in attendance are fans of one of the teams that are playing. The other 85.000 are fans of the other 30 teams that are not competing there, just showing their fan gear which they just ordered at NFL shop. No chants, no noise on 3rd down defensive plays, no stadium atmosphere at all. No wonder when more than 90% of the people there don't give an F about the 2 teams that are playing. If there's a game featuring 2 not so popular teams like let's say Titans and Chargers, it's ensured that 10 other teams have more fans attending the game than the 2 teams on the field.

You call your league National Football League? Then keep it national, let the home teams play where they are at home and get rid of this ridiculous international series. London games ---> PLAIN HORRIBLE!

Edited by Gravedigger93
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Acrid Josher said:

Ah now I get the username- all this time I was thinking you had Extra Sensory Perception.

It's both for the country and for the Mars Volta song Cicatriz ESP which according to them stands for "Ectopic Shapeshifting Penance-propulsion". Nonsense really, I prefer your take tbh.

• Like 1

Nagler mentioned in his latest Facebook chat that the Packers may finally play in London in 2019 against the Chargers.  The Packers will never give up a home game and with the Chargers playing in a tiny stadium (30+ thousand) again next year Nagler thought might finally be the perfect matchup.  Teams are reluctant to give up home games against the Packers because the fans of the green and gold travel so well. 

55 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nagler mentioned in his latest Facebook chat that the Packers may finally play in London in 2019 against the Chargers.  The Packers will never give up a home game and with the Chargers playing in a tiny stadium (30+ thousand) again next year Nagler thought might finally be the perfect matchup.  Teams are reluctant to give up home games against the Packers because the fans of the green and gold travel so well. 

They will travel to London then

7 hours ago, DocHambone said:

Since this is the random packer thread.. Two thoughts.

I think we have a lot better team that people think and I think Jordy and Randall will be back next year. 

Doc, I think you are 100% correct. How do you judge the Packer's WRs when you had Hundley throwing the ball? It's almost like you could have used cardboard cut-outs on a romba and see if Hundley could hit them!

I think you can judge them by the effort they showed with Hundley under center, the separation that they could achieve when running a route and how their body language looked when Hundley was under center.

Jordy wasn't ever gaining separation.  If he sticks around, it is because he is buddies with Rodgers, not because of athletic ability.  His body language was terrible, hung head, jogging all the time.  Unless he was injured for most of the year.  Because I can't remember ever seeing a receiver separate less than Nelson did last year.  

Cobb showed some burst of acceleration.  His body language was poor for a game or two, but he fought hard down the stretch.  He showed enough to make me think they could re-do that contract and keep him for a year.

Allison, I'd try like heck to find better receivers in free agency and the draft...ones that can contribute to special teams at the very least.  Hoping like heck that Allison is clearly beaten out for the #3 or #4 spot.  Re-sign Janis to a low end, multi-year Jarret Bush deal and have him be the end of the WR roster and special teamer.  Grab one veteran receiver in free agency, draft a WR in round 2 or 3.

Edited by vegas492

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think you can judge them by the effort they showed with Hundley under center, the separation that they could achieve when running a route and how their body language looked when Hundley was under center.

Jordy wasn't ever gaining separation.  If he sticks around, it is because he is buddies with Rodgers, not because of athletic ability.  His body language was terrible, hung head, jogging all the time.  Unless he was injured for most of the year.  Because I can't remember ever seeing a receiver separate less than Nelson did last year.  

Cobb showed some burst of acceleration.  His body language was poor for a game or two, but he fought hard down the stretch.  He showed enough to make me think they could re-do that contract and keep him for a year.

I'd can Allison tomorrow.  Re-sign Janis to a low end, multi-year Jarret Bush deal and have him be the end of the WR roster and special teamer.  Grab one veteran receiver in free agency, draft a WR in round 2 or 3.

What's the point of canning Allison tomorrow. What does this accomplish

It's a phrase, Norm.   I have little use for Allison.  By saying "I'd can Allison tomorrow.", it reinforces how little I think of him and how easily the club can move on from him.  Obviously it won't happen that way, but that shows my thoughts concerning him as a player.

It won't cost anything to have Allison show up for his third year.  That's the 'magic' year for most WRs.  He'll step up in camp or get cut.  His play did improve from the previous year.  When ARod went down there was a lot of bad body language.  I don't think we're going to renegotiate Cobb, at least not until after next year.  I do see renegotiating Nelson though. Just let Janis go already, that experiment has failed.

44 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

It won't cost anything to have Allison show up for his third year.  That's the 'magic' year for most WRs.  He'll step up in camp or get cut.  His play did improve from the previous year.  When ARod went down there was a lot of bad body language.  I don't think we're going to renegotiate Cobb, at least not until after next year.  I do see renegotiating Nelson though. Just let Janis go already, that experiment has failed.

WR experiment failed.  ST did not.  I see him in the Jarret Bush role, if he would accept it.  If Janis is your 5'th WR and core ST ace, you are in a nice spot there.

54 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's a phrase, Norm.   I have little use for Allison.  By saying "I'd can Allison tomorrow.", it reinforces how little I think of him and how easily the club can move on from him.  Obviously it won't happen that way, but that shows my thoughts concerning him as a player.

Then say that? I just can't really a post seriously when stuff like that is thrown in.