Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Think the Keke move has been in the works for longer than in probably seems, there's been clues that things haven't been what you'd hope there for a bit now.  Being blunt, the body seemed to be backsliding from his rookie year; realistically he needed to add some weight to be an every down guy, but it wasn't good weight.  His play has been growing more spotty, and way too many of his snaps he was aggressively ineffectual.  It's a real similar story to Montravius Adams; the talent is there but each rep is a complete adventure.  Will he take his OL back into the QB or get embarrassed when he tries to juke and gets hurled to the ground? 

Reading between the lines I think they were just tired of the battle of trying to get him to live up to his talent.  The DL is a rough place to make a living even for a professional player, and you need a certain kind of madness to take that kind of punishment down after down.  Datone Jones was another that struggled with the same thing; there's just not enough glory for that personality type compared to the number of snaps you're just trying to jam up a meat grinder with your body. 

Edited by MrBobGray
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, apparently you know what's going on anyways...

I think whoever this is just saw Adrian Amos' tweet and ran with something. Amos later clarified he was referring to himself but who knows. Certainly something happened because the way things ended with Keke in GB were strange

Here is said tweet

At draft, we talk a lot about RAS and physical/athletic talent, which is essential in the NFL competing against the most physical/athletic talents in the world.  But coaches talk more often about "smart".  MLF is always talking about what a "smart" player this guy is or that guy is.  In such a fast game with countless split-second decisions and reactions, smarts and recognition and decision-making is invaluable.  Some guys just aren't that football smart. It's not a character flaw, some guys just can't process as fast or make good decisions as quickly.  

18 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I think it's safe to assume Kuhn is always used as a PR agent for Rodgers, but this is still worth noting. I think both sides want this to be a good ending, even if a trade occurs.

Yep, I think this has become more and more clear over the course of the season.

Like all relationships, communication is essential. Took a bit, but two world class men with corresponding egos finally worked it out (to the benefit of the GB Packers organization and their fans).

This is good news.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep, I think this has become more and more clear over the course of the season.

Like all relationships, communication is essential. Took a bit, but two world class men with corresponding egos finally worked it out (to the benefit of the GB Packers organization and their fans).

This is good news.

Rodgers winning another MVP and Gute bringing in Cobb, Campbell, Douglas, Stokes and Myers this season made this a necessity for both sides. No rational reason for the club to part with either, so they had to make it work. 

Unfortunately will never get to make that mock where we have like 5 picks in the top 100.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers winning another MVP and Gute bringing in Cobb, Campbell, Douglas, Stokes and Myers this season made this a necessity for both sides. No rational reason for the club to part with either, so they had to make it work. 

Unfortunately will never get to make that mock where we have like 5 picks in the top 100.

The way some picks turn out in from the top 100 ... maybe a good thing.  It's a crap shoot pure and simple.  Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Rodgers winning another MVP and Gute bringing in Cobb, Campbell, Douglas, Stokes and Myers this season made this a necessity for both sides. No rational reason for the club to part with either, so they had to make it work. Unfortunately will never get to make that mock where we have like 5 picks in the top 100.

Makes one wonder the parameters of the extension going forward. I dont think they'd have reached this "kumbaya" state w/o some numbers crunching already done.

Or -

The perceived harmony derives from acceptance that the roads will diverge mutually. Maybe AR just wants a change. 

• Like 1