Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

That would be bad. I’ve been watching pro ball for almost 50 years and couldn’t come up with anyone. 

I remember the press conference second guessing BB on that one. He told the reporter, “You tell me which plays they’ll get injured on, and I’ll pull them on those plays.”  In the end, you got to play the percentages and keep quality on the field, especially when points are on the line. That’s obvious for FG blocking but apparently total collapse on punt block can lead to points, too. What a way to lose in a year where our only real weakness was plain to see all season long. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It's things like that MLF will evaluate.  Could be a philosophy change in ST blocking and coverage.  I'm not pro or anti Drayton.  Let it play out.  Maybe he's gone, maybe he isn't.  I have confidence MLF will handle it correctly. 

MLF seems to love to fall on the sword for his players and coaches.  An admirable trait unless you’re in love with the sword.

He know’s it’s his job to fix problems rather than continually make excuses for them, and his tenure here will be judged as such.  

Personally, I’d prefer less falling on the sword and more wielding of his hammer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Unity avatars count for 4 points per game that’s why we lost.

Much like fixing our special teams before last Saturday’s game, so too is this suggestion - a nice thought but too late now.  Where were you when we needed you?  When we were still relevant?  😔 

Ben Brust -   If you think the Packers special teams deserves more blame than Aaron Rodgers well than you’ve officially lost it. THE “MVP” had FIVE 3 and outs. It was his game for the taking. We knew the special teams sucked. He didn’t produce.

Every elite QB made plays and gave their team a chance to win in the biggest moments. (Mahomes, Allen, Brady, Burrow, even Matt stafford came through!!!) guess who didn’t? It’s Amazing how quick everyone comes to Aaron’s defense “it’s not his fault” “team game” … make a play.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ben Brust -   If you think the Packers special teams deserves more blame than Aaron Rodgers well than you’ve officially lost it. THE “MVP” had FIVE 3 and outs. It was his game for the taking. We knew the special teams sucked. He didn’t produce.

Every elite QB made plays and gave their team a chance to win in the biggest moments. (Mahomes, Allen, Brady, Burrow, even Matt stafford came through!!!) guess who didn’t? It’s Amazing how quick everyone comes to Aaron’s defense “it’s not his fault” “team game” … make a play.

Great analysis Ben. Except you forgot Lazard and Deguara probably don't even make any of those rosters, much less start

56 minutes ago, Leader said:

is that the former UW basketball player? lol

31 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Great analysis Ben. Except you forgot Lazard and Deguara probably don't even make any of those rosters, much less start

Doesn’t change the fact that he’s right though. The throws were there and Aaron chose to stare…. (at Davante)

And I think Lazard is a much better WR than he is given credit for. Maybe he doesn’t start on those rosters but he certainly makes them.

Edited by StartBarr
  • Like 2