Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Oh lol so we're back to "he doesn't have enough help"? Amazing

Are you saying he does ?? Are you saying he does when compared to teams remaining in the Playoffs ??

Also, ask yourself what is more likely. After 2 flawless drives by Rodgers ---- he forgot how to play football --- decided he wasn't really into it anymore ---- father time took all his skills while resting on the bench ---- or SF made some adjustments in their coverage after the first 2 drives and MLF didn't have a clue what to do ??

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Are you saying he does ?? Are you saying he does when compared to teams remaining in the Playoffs ??

Also, ask yourself what is more likely. After 2 flawless drives by Rodgers ---- he forgot how to play football --- decided he wasn't really into it anymore ---- father time took all his skills while resting on the bench ---- or SF made some adjustments in their coverage after the first 2 drives and MLF didn't have a clue what to do ??

Except it wasn't LaFleur who didn't know what to do. It was Rodgers who couldn't handle the switch. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Why so extreme? Clearly, Aaron made poor decisions all through the 2nd half. The most obvious was on 3 and 11 with the game on the line. Cobb beat single coverage deep on his go, Lazard ran a deep middle totally uncovered. Where did Aaron lock in and throw? To a well double covered Adams. It wasn't complicated or disguised. it unfolded exactly as one would expect in that play design and call. Every other QB remaining in the playoffs likely makes the throw to the wide up Lazard, the only possible exception might be a strong armed QB makes the more difficult deep throw to Cobb who has his man beat. Hell, Randy Wright would have made the  proper read and throw on that play, I have to believe so too would have J🧡.

You simply cannot say that was on inferior talent, nor can you blame Matt for Aaron's stubborn lock in on Adams.

It was hauntingly similar to 2007, when Brett Favre was clearly on a roll leading his 14 -3 team into a freezing Lambeau field championship game and inexplicably locked in on Driver and got picked in OT resulting in New York going to and winning the Super Bowl instead.

Edited by BAM
  • Like 1

He mentions Davante a lot......

ESPN -   Not only might Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams be a package deal, but the timing on whether both will return to the Green Bay Packers could happen almost simultaneously.

While Rodgers originally said he would likely have a decision by the time free agency begins, which is March 16, he offered the possibility that it could be even sooner.

If the Packers are going to use the franchise tag on Adams, the All-Pro receiver, they can do so as early as Feb. 22 but no later than March 8. Rodgers has already said he does not want to be part of a rebuild and likely considers anything without Adams to be just that. And likewise for Adams; he would almost certainly prefer to be able to explore his options if Rodgers doesn't return to the Packers.

"I'd like to be respectful of the organization," Rodgers said Tuesday on The Pat McAfee Show:   "One decision that will be upcoming will be obviously Davante and his future with the team. There still is this thing called a franchise tag, which I don't think '17' wants the franchise.

"I think that should be enough time to make a decision by then. I don't want to put myself on a specific date, but I do want to be sensitive to Davante and many other guys who have decisions to make on their own futures. To drag it out past free agency would be disrespectful to the organization and to those guys, and that 100 percent will not happen."

50 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It has been proven he missed wide open receivers on crucial plays. Give it a rest dude... AR didn't play well at all and shoulders a lot of the blame.

• Like 1

What is it going to take to get Davante, 4/100?

Hopkins is currently playing on a 2/55. Even assuming that Davante takes only 40% of it upfront as a signing bonus, that makes his cap hit these years something like: 12/20/28/40. It's a contract that realistically pays out 70 million over three years with the last year as an easy cut/trade restructure.

I don't know how you do this, even if you can get Rodgers down to like $29 million. You still have to factor in Adams at 12. 

That's $41 million before you even start looking at the rest of this and the 40-something million deficit you have to dig out of.

If Rodgers staying involves a mandate of keeping Davante, he's got to go. You would gut the roster. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BluePacker said:

It has been proven he missed wide open receivers on crucial plays. Give it a rest dude... AR didn't play well at all and shoulders a lot of the blame.

Are we talking about the one screenshot ?? Rodgers missed a few throws and a few decisions. He admitted as much. It happens in every single game. The 49ers took away Adams - the run game averaged 3.5 ypc, and they were still able to move Rodgers from his spot (per Rodgers). It's easy and concise to put all the blame at Rodgers feet. He doesn't call the plays and didn't form a pretty vanilla game plan. I didn't give it a rest when everyone said Rodgers was washed up 4 years ago, so if its all the same to you, I'll voice my opinion 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Hopkins is currently playing on a 2/55. Even assuming that Davante takes only 40% of it upfront as a signing bonus, that makes his cap hit these years something like: 12/20/28/40. It's a contract that realistically pays out 70 million over three years with the last year as an easy cut/trade restructure.

I don't know how you do this, even if you can get Rodgers down to like $29 million. You still have to factor in Adams at 12. 

That's $41 million before you even start looking at the rest of this and the 40-something million deficit you have to dig out of.

If Rodgers staying involves a mandate of keeping Davante, he's got to go. You would gut the roster. 

You would give Davante 4 years ? He wants it guaranteed too. No way I do that

17 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Are we talking about the one screenshot ?? Rodgers missed a few throws and a few decisions. He admitted as much. It happens in every single game. The 49ers took away Adams - the run game averaged 3.5 ypc, and they were still able to move Rodgers from his spot (per Rodgers). It's easy and concise to put all the blame at Rodgers feet. He doesn't call the plays and didn't form a pretty vanilla game plan. I didn't give it a rest when everyone said Rodgers was washed up 4 years ago, so if its all the same to you, I'll voice my opinion 

You are tilting at windmills. Literally NO ONE is placing all the blame on Rodgers. In fact I think blame is senseless. Aaron as the highest pay player on the Packers (by a long shot) and the leader of the offense bares his fair share (frankly a significant amount) of the responsibility for this pathetic offensive showing. Losing a game when your opponent fails to score a single TD is beyond belief. And Hell no, Aaron missing open receivers by locking in on Adams and holding the ball too long in not based upon a single screen shot. The footage is out there and easily accessible to all but those who refuse to look or to see.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

"My #1 receiver got taken away and I was facing a pass rush, so obviously I couldn't be successful."

Dude, he's Aaron Rodgers not Mark Sanchez. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not doing it, but he's going to ask for it. Why wouldn't he?

According to someone who I don't recall, the hangup is back end guarantees. So I assume he has already asked for it. At age 29, I'm not doing it. Some team is gonna be giving away $50m+ if Adams can't cheat father time

36 minutes ago, cannondale said:

You would give Davante 4 years ? He wants it guaranteed too. No way I do that

I wouldn't. I think he's abit overrated. He's gets such high volume because there isn't much competition for targets.

Edited by Howler

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

According to someone who I don't recall, the hangup is back end guarantees. So I assume he has already asked for it. At age 29, I'm not doing it. Some team is gonna be giving away $50m+ if Adams can't cheat father time

Yep, 4/100 seems pretty set.

The question is 40 million guaranteed or 60 million guaranteed. 

If it's 40 million it's 12/20/28/40 and ends as a 3/70 contract

If it's 60 million it's 17/23/26/34 and it's either 4/100 or 3/79. 

49 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Rodgers goes from $46M to $29M, the ability to get Adams in at $12M for 2022 is doable.

$40M over, gain $17M from Rodgers extension.  Now $23M over

Cut Z Smith 15.28
Cut Cobb 6.85
cut Crosby 2.4
cut Preston Smith 12.5

Total 37.03

Extension for Jaire could gain another 5-8M ($13M currently).

Still could restructure Clark, Bahktiari 

Extensions to Amos

Option to cut could also include

Cut Turner 4
Cut Amos 7.9
Cut Lowry 3.9
Cut Lewis 2.4

Total 18.2

• Like 1