Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

"There were a ton of people rooting against us because of my vaccination status & them wanting to see us lose so they could pile on.. we knew this was coming down the pipe at some point"

Aaron Rodgers

• Zach Kruse -  Him playing the victim card is sure getting old.
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If Rodgers goes from $46M to $29M, the ability to get Adams in at $12M for 2022 is doable.

$40M over, gain $17M from Rodgers extension.  Now $23M over

Cut Z Smith 15.28
Cut Cobb 6.85
cut Crosby 2.4
cut Preston Smith 12.5

Total 37.03

Extension for Jaire could gain another 5-8M ($13M currently).

Still could restructure Clark, Bahktiari 

Extensions to Amos

Option to cut could also include

Cut Turner 4
Cut Amos 7.9
Cut Lowry 3.9
Cut Lewis 2.4

Total 18.2

Obviously it's possible but it leaves the roster threadbare, relying on rookies at premiums, and really hurting the call in future years.

• Like 1

It's my hope that AR goes away (for awhile at least) and we're not subjected to weekly Pat McAfee visitations - all in an effort to help his friends ratings of course - so he can engage the world in more stream of consciousness thinking about himself and all things AR related.

Talk to the front office - work out a deal - or not. We dont need another "Reality AR Show" like last offseason.

4 hours ago, squire12 said:

you saying his got the "yipps"?

It's more than the yips.  The yips is a lack of belief in your own ability to perform a task, but what I suspect Rodgers has is an excess of belief in his own talent.  He wants to be the one in control of the game and the success of each play, because he has the most faith in himself.  The issue is that he plays QB; it's a position that is a contradiction because it's the most important job on the field, but it has to pass the ball off every play.  It's not like basketball, where you can call your own number on the game winner, the ball has to go to someone else to make the play.  That's where I think Rodgers gets caught in limbo.  He wants so badly to create the win, but he can't do that without involving someone else. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Obviously it's possible but it leaves the roster threadbare, relying on rookies at premiums, and really hurting the call in future years.

I'm not sure how much would be full on cuts vs small extensions type thing.

Ideally 1 of Preston or Z is retained.  Preston is cheaper, but less impactful....assuming Z is healthy..

Pushing cap out another year or 2 is not ideal, but if Rodgers is back, it doesn't make a lot of sense to not push the cap issue a year or 2 out and deal with it then while trying ti get another 2 years of contending in a " run it back" type effort.

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

and isn't lack of depth a big part of the poor special teams play?

7 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I'm not sure how much would be full on cuts vs small extensions type thing.

Ideally 1 of Preston or Z is retained.  Preston is cheaper, but less impactful....assuming Z is healthy..

Pushing cap out another year or 2 is not ideal, but if Rodgers is back, it doesn't make a lot of sense to not push the cap issue a year or 2 out and deal with it then while trying ti get another 2 years of contending in a " run it back" type effort.

I guess, I'll be honest, I'm just not mentally ready to start doing this kind of cap calculus. 

I also don't want to end up where the Saints are. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I guess, I'll be honest, I'm just not mentally ready to start doing this kind of cap calculus. 

A big piece is how much is Rodgers wanting in a new extension?

Getting the 2022 cap hit to high 20's -30 M is 1 part.  What is 2023, 2024, etc cap hits? 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I also don't want to end up where the Saints are. 

Not sure anybody does.  But it is an option that can work to keep some elite and upper tier players.  Keep the window with Rodgers for 2 years, then bit the cap bullet then.   

4 minutes ago, KFP7 said:

Bakh:

"My meniscus is good, they cut out like 10-15 percent of it."

wait what?

10-15% is well on the low end for partial menisectomies.  If it's not repairable, then removing the least amount is the goal while leaving clean and stable edges

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

10-15% is well on the low end for partial menisectomies.  If it's not repairable, then removing the least amount is the goal while leaving clean and stable edges

You're closer to an orthopod than I am, could he have played through the fluid build up and the inflammation?

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're closer to an orthopod than I am, could he have played through the fluid build up and the inflammation?

Possibly.   I can't say what the issue is without knowing what the specifics / extent of the injury was.  

Was it....

-- just an ACL and small meniscus tear

-- was there articular cartilage damage

-- bone bruising

-- other ligament injuries 

Rehab is pretty streamlined now.  Though there can be things that pop up.  Various tendinitis, lack of strength in appropriate quantity, quality and balance.

My guess is there is something internal to the joint that didn't respond well to the ramp up of intensity of practice and game action.....which is why I would be very hesitant to push any money from that contract out to future years.  Todd Gurley type issue is my fear.

25 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Wow, the stuff they do these days blows my mind.

on a scale of like a grapefruit to like a watermelon, how swollen is 80 ccs of fluid?