Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

13 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Packers WR Davante Adams is “looking for a contract near $30 million per year.”

It was already reported Adams wants to be the league’s highest paid receiver. The $30 million average per year would place Adams ahead of the DeAndre Hopkins ($27M APR) and Julio Jones ($22M APR) deals. The Packers, who are $40 million over the salary cap, aren’t expected to offer more than $25 million annually, making a long-term deal unlikely this offseason. With Aaron Rodgers signed through 2022, the most cost-effective way of Green Bay keeping its offense together is to franchise Adams, which would count just $22 million against the cap.

///

Tag the dude.

10 hours ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski -  LET'S JUST SAY FOR SAKE OF ARGUMENT ... Rodgers wanted out.

Denver gives up Jerry Jeudy, 3 1sts (including No. 9 this year) for Rodgers

Then the Raiders give up No. 22 + Trevon Moehrig for Adams

How do you feel about that?

///

Do it.

Um yah I'd do that deal all day long.  Don't think it's at all realistic.  Adams is worth a 2 and 4.  At most.  Rodgers 2 1st 1 2nd and a player.  So fair would probably end up with 2 1's, 2 2's, 1 4, and a player for both of them.  Gute would then have to work his magic.  A couple of trade downs and moving around to maximize all the draft capital.  Better pray Love develops and if he does looking at 3 years before we are all the way back. 

55 minutes ago, Leader said:

Packers WR Davante Adams is “looking for a contract near $30 million per year.”

It was already reported Adams wants to be the league’s highest paid receiver. The $30 million average per year would place Adams ahead of the DeAndre Hopkins ($27M APR) and Julio Jones ($22M APR) deals. The Packers, who are $40 million over the salary cap, aren’t expected to offer more than $25 million annually, making a long-term deal unlikely this offseason. With Aaron Rodgers signed through 2022, the most cost-effective way of Green Bay keeping its offense together is to franchise Adams, which would count just $22 million against the cap.

///

Tag the dude.

Tag and trade is probably the best solution here.  If Rodgers goes as well and we do some shuffling I'd be down with trying to sign a veteran WR (Allen Robinson) and supplement in the draft.  With those kind of contract demands it will be a tough trade why I think we'll end up with a 2 and 4.

15 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Tag and trade is probably the best solution here.  If Rodgers goes as well and we do some shuffling I'd be down with trying to sign a veteran WR (Allen Robinson) and supplement in the draft.  With those kind of contract demands it will be a tough trade why I think we'll end up with a 2 and 4.

There are teams out there that have huge free agency money available.  Adams is a top 3 wr who is going to make huge kesh and worth more to that team than a 2 and a 4.

59 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

There are teams out there that have huge free agency money available.  Adams is a top 3 wr who is going to make huge kesh and worth more to that team than a 2 and a 4.

Hey the more we can get the better.  If we could get a 1st I'd be ecstatic.  Only Packer receiver I have ever seen that could compare would be Sharpe.  I'll miss watching him play.  Hope he gets a massive payday and really cashes in.  He deserves it.  Dude never bitched and played out his contract very honorable. Too bad the Pack is in cap hell. 

Edited by Scoremore

Ross Uglem -   I would be *very* here for a Steno OC/ Brian Johnson QB/PGC / Butkus OL/RGC situation

As much respect as I have for Getsy and Hack, that would be an exciting opportunity for MLF’s offense to evolve.

Now that D and ST staff.....

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol. I love Davante and hopes he goes to a team I dislike if he gets 30 million.

Any team that pays that much for a WR deserves to never win anything ever.

Aaron to Denver, Davante to Jets.

If he's not tagged, the Chargers make a lot of sense.  Adams goes to LA and haunts Rodgers within the AFC West division.  Oh the irony.

Edited by NFLGURU

6 hours ago, Chili said:

At the time when Shanahan and McVay popularity was just taking off LaFleur was hired and he was in a good position to get his hands on good quality staff as there were ample available who were familiar with the offensive system he wanted to run.

It won't be easy for LaFleur, Shanahan and McVay because not only they have to deal with Miami, Broncos, Bears attempting to raid their coaching staff they also have to compete with each other to replace key components of their staff.

" I am a great coach but also would be unable to teach another coach my offensive principles and system"

• Like 1