Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I said from the start I'd be very excited to have Clements coach Love, but does he come out of retirement for a project or to coach his buddy? 

Would he have come out of retirement without a guarantee that Rodgers will be back?  You would have figured it'd make more sense to wait to commit to coaching until after Rodgers makes a decision.  And it's not like Clements is that old.  He's younger then Nick Saban and the Hoodie.

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I don't see Pittsburgh. It's not a very good roster and the offensive line is not good. This does not seem like PIttsburgh's DNA either. They are draft and develop to the core. Although they did go get Fitzpatrick.

If the Kyler Murray smoke is real in Arizona, I'd throw them in the mix. If I'm Green Bay, the only team of the three that makes any sort of sense to us is Denver because of the 1st round pick in the top 10. 

You have to realize the Packers have no leverage here.  He's on the last year of his contract, if he doesn't agree to extend with whatever team that trades for him the draft return plummets.

I think Pittsburgh makes sense. The divisions are similarly challenging, but the important factor you're overlooking is that if Rodgers decides he wants to be traded, it's not to win a SB. His best shot is here. It would only be to try something new. Pittsburgh has a whole different culture. And if Rodgers wants to go there I don't think they're going to say "but wait, we need to draft and develop".

Why would he just go someplace that has so much familiarity and runs the same offense he was running in GB if he wants to try something new before retiring?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Would he have come out of retirement without a guarantee that Rodgers will be back?  You would have figured it'd make more sense to wait to commit to coaching until after Rodgers makes a decision.  And it's not like Clements is that old.  He's younger then Nick Saban and the Hoodie.

it's laughable that anyone would think a single hiring of which they have NO understanding of the actual motivation is the primary evidence in this drama

It's ok to say "I don't know" if someone asks "Why do you think the Packers hired Clements?"

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Can a player speak to another team about his client who's under contract to another? I know the player himself cant....so wondering.

Gotta think there would be back door discussions going on.  Legal or not.  Packers would have to be on board with it otherwise they could file tampering charges.  Think you mean his agent right?  If Rodgers is considering seriously considering Denver the Packers would have to sign off on a trade.  Don't know how he could just "choose" a team.  Keep in mind Hackett is over there now.  Close connections.  All speculation but if he ends up going to Denver a trade would have had to be worked out beforehand.  Right?

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If the Kyler Murray smoke is real in Arizona, I'd throw them in the mix. If I'm Green Bay, the only team of the three that makes any sort of sense to us is Denver because of the 1st round pick in the top 10.

Kliff Kingsburry hand-picked Kyler Murray, he's going to stick with him.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

lol no it's not

GBs QB hiring is a data point

yet somehow

DENs coaching hires are not

obvious agenda is obvious

Agenda? I've stated multiple times that I would be trading Rodgers to the highest bidder.

Denver hired a HC for a better shot at Rodgers, yes. GB hired Clements with direct input from Aaron, something Denver cannot do because of tampering rules.

Matt LaFleur: Packers are fortunate to have two No. 1 backs in Aaron Jones, AJ Dillon

This sounds ominous. Out of the horse's mouth attempting to soften the blow that Rodgers might leave by saying we have an excellent running game?

Edited by Chili

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I said from the start I'd be very excited to have Clements coach Love, but does he come out of retirement for a project or to coach his buddy? 

He comes out of retirement for the love of coaching.

Listen - I've no clue whats up with Clements or GB hiring him - but I do question why QB would hire a guy simply as a friend to AR - who hardly listens to his HC no less the QB coach - when his actual coaching skills are needed for the other guy on the sideline.

Who knows. I'm tired of this charade. Make (or announce) a decision AR.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

it's laughable that anyone would think a single hiring of which they have NO understanding of the actual motivation is the primary evidence in this drama

It's ok to say "I don't know" if someone asks "Why do you think the Packers hired Clements?"

We have understanding, Gute and LaFleur both were asked if Rodgers had a say in the hire of Clements, both emphatically said yes. They asked Aaron who he wanted as QB coach, and then went out and convinced him to come back because it's who Aaron wanted. By far the most concrete evidence that we have. It's obvious to everyone but you.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -  Contrary to an overnight report, the Packers have not lined up any trades for Aaron Rodgers, according to a source.

No credible sign or inkling of Rodgers trade talks from anywhere.  That won't stop the sheep though.

Rodgers 90/10 returning.  

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We have understanding, Gute and LaFleur both were asked if Rodgers had a say in the hire of Clements, both emphatically said yes. They asked Aaron who he wanted as QB coach, and then went out and convinced him to come back because it's who Aaron wanted. By far the most concrete evidence that we have. It's obvious to everyone but you.

Uh huh, sure.

And if this were true, why would Clements stake uprooting his life on trusting Aaron Rodgers?

If Aaron were actually returning 100% why hasn't that been announced?

You're grasping at straws to fit your narrative. The logic doesn't stand up to even the slightest scrutiny.

You'll have us believe that Tom Clements decided to trust that a deal was in done, but inexplicably neither side is announcing a done deal. This is nonsensical.