Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

with GBs permission anyone can

and it's reported GB has given permission

This is completely untrue as well. You're just making it up as you go along aren't you? Everyone other than Florio is reporting the exact opposite and when your source is Florio.....yikes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

no one has to realize something that is fundamentally untrue

Oh yeah, ok buddy. Let's just trade him to a team he doesn't want to play for so he can retire in the worst case and leave as a free agent in a year in the best case. 

Rodgers holds the cards whether you like him or not. He can only be traded if he's agreed to extend with that team.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Uh huh, sure.

And if this were true, why would Clements stake uprooting his life on trusting Aaron Rodgers?

If Aaron were actually returning 100% why hasn't that been announced?

You're grasping at straws to fit your narrative. The logic doesn't stand up to even the slightest scrutiny.

You'll have us believe that Tom Clements decided to trust that a deal was in done, but inexplicably neither side is announcing a done deal. This is nonsensical.

Lol narrative again, man you're something. I hope Rodgers gets traded. I will celebrate the haul we would get for him. I'm just not completely obtuse needing to be the one fish that swims opposite the rest of the school. He's coming back.

• Like 1

Just now, minnypackerfan said:

Clements was a good choice for QB coach whether or not Rodgers decides to come back.  If my memory serves me right, Clements did not really want to leave GB when he did as I believe McCarthy wanted him out.  

Rationality isn't allowed here.

Clements could not possibly have any other motivation other than to coach Aaron Rodgers. It matters not what his family wants, or his ties to the broader organization. It HAS to be Aaron Rodgers. Because Aaron Rodgers is all important in EVERYONE'S life.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Lol narrative again, man you're something. I hope Rodgers gets traded. I will celebrate the haul we would get for him. I'm just not completely obtuse needing to be the one fish that swims opposite the rest of the school. He's coming back.

Yes, your narrative that you THINK you're right about this obscure data point being some sort of smoking gun. It's ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

He's coming back.

Yes.....to clean out his locker  HA!  :)  Just playin' around at this stage.

I tell ya........I'm not against AR coming back.....but damn, I sure would like the draft picks and a "restart" on building this team back. Get the cap under control in short order and get going on putting some top level, young, dynamic and talented guys on the field.

With a bunch of top draft picks, the FO can stretch out their wheeling/dealing over multiple drafts - as opposed to shooting their wad his one time 'round.

But dont listen to me. I definitely like the in season W's. Just completely burned out on the Playoff L's.

• Like 1

Rodgers won't announce anything until the contract is done. Rodgers has no literal leverage, just perceived leverage. However that perceived leverage is valuable as every organization cares about their PR. The moment he announces he's coming back, that perceived leverage is gone and the Packers hold it all. Therefore until that contract is signed, there will be no announcement, the announcement will be that he's coming back AND that he's signed an extension. 

The only thing I think kicks it down the other track is Adams, if they piss off Adams and he wants out, Rodgers might flip and want to leave with him, as a WR room of MVS, Lazard, Amari Rodgers and DP sure as hell isn't going to get it done.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Yes.....to clean out his locker  HA!  :)  Just playin' around at this stage.

I tell ya........I'm not against AR coming back.....but damn, I sure would like the draft picks and a "restart" on building this team back. Get the cap under control in short order and get going on putting some top level, young, dynamic and talented guys on the field.

With a bunch of top draft picks, the FO can stretch out their wheeling/dealing over multiple drafts - as opposed to shooting their wad his one time 'round.

But dont listen to me. I definitely like the in season W's. Just completely burned out on the Playoff L's.

I agree entirely with this. I just see the writing on the wall and have moved over to the acceptance stage that it won't happen.

14 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

No credible sign or inkling of Rodgers trade talks from anywhere.  That won't stop the sheep though.

Rodgers 90/10 returning. 

Or it's just the Packers maintaining their trade leverage.

If a team REALLY wants to open trade negotiations they have to submit a serious offer.

If the Packers say he is available for a trade then teams will open with a lowball offer and so the Packers will be relying on other teams to bid against each other to drive up the price. Another side effect of saying Rodgers is available is that it could result in a fallout between the Packers and Rodgers and there's nothing stopping him turning around and publicly announcing where he wants to go and BOOM all leverage is gone and it becomes messy end which i'm sure both the Packers and Rodgers do not want.

It is in the Packers best interest to stay quiet, hope Rodgers stay quiet and just maybe receive a huge trade offer seriously worth considering and go speak to Rodgers about it. The goodwill and relationship is maintained throughout the whole process and if a trade doesn't work out Rodgers can rejoin the team without any awkwardness or ill feeling.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Oh yeah, ok buddy. Let's just trade him to a team he doesn't want to play for so he can retire in the worst case and leave as a free agent in a year in the best case. 

Rodgers holds the cards whether you like him or not. He can only be traded if he's agreed to extend with that team.

Rodgers deal requiring an extension with a team he approves of is not remotely equivalent to him having all the leverage.

Stop thinking half a level deep.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're right, you and Florio know what's up, when it comes to Rodgers, that's who I'd trust.

You're acting like a child, now.

I never said or alluded to Florio being "right". Neither have I taken a stance on what I "know" will happen.