Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm starting to think that it doesn't really matter if Rodgers leaves, Jordan Love will never start another game here. We must have no interest in that.

Almost embarrassing how much we're begging this guy to come back at this point. 

i thought we weren't supposed to believe all these tweets?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm starting to think that it doesn't really matter if Rodgers leaves, Jordan Love will never start another game here. We must have no interest in that.

I was wondering that too. Obviously they would want to add a QB better than Benkert to the roster in the event of a trade. But what level would they go to? A purely veteran presence that's no threat to start ie Geno Smith? Someone who can start the season for Love to take over mid year like Ryan Fitzpatrick? Or will we want someone who can at least compete for or even outright take the full time gig - such as receiving Tannehill back in a Rodgers trade?

3 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

The question is who would trade for him ?

Doesn't really make sense to me. When you trade picks for a player you are trading for the contract and he doesn't have a contract. You are acquiring the rights to sign him to a massive contract. Its debatable whether Adams given his age is worth what is essentially QB money. If its debatable whether he is worth the contract doesn't that make his trade value negligible. Not sure its worth more than a 3rd round pick to get the rights to sign a WR to a monster contract.

For me, to give up a pick in the first round or probably even in the second round, it would need to be an all-in team or it doesn't really make sense. A few years down the line, his contract probably looks very bad and you've lost pick/s so it needs to be a team chasing a title in 22. 

I've no idea whether a tag and trade is viable, always some crazy teams around but it seems unpractical to me unless there is an all-in team very keen and with the resources.

I think the value of Adams is that he knows he's better off signing an extension now and protecting himself from injury. He's as valuable as he'll ever be so he should have no problem signing long. No need to bet on himself - he's already going to be the richest WR in NFL history, both total dollars and Average annual.

Even if I'm wrong and he doesn't extend, he can take any average offense and make it good, and take any good offense and make it great, right away.  Any team with big postseason aspirations for the upcoming year and the cap space to bring his whole hit in before signing an extension should be interested.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

i thought we weren't supposed to believe all these tweets?

It's widely reported by everyone including the beat writers that we've made a huge offer to Aaron. Why make one if you feel Love is the future? Even if Rodgers goes, I think we'd look at a Fitzpatrick type to battle it out. Just seems Love was a whiff from scouting to coaching at this point.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's widely reported by everyone including the beat writers that we've made a huge offer to Aaron. Why make one if you feel Love is the future? Even if Rodgers goes, I think we'd look at a Fitzpatrick type to battle it out. Just seems Love was a whiff from scouting to coaching at this point.

I think the huge offer is the excuse the Packers are going to use when Aaron decides to bail.  Rodgers has said it's not about money and maybe that is true. Maybe it's just about wanting to go somewhere else?

I don't see how Love plays into it .. I think they think he is what he is .. an inexperienced QB that needs continued work.  I still think he gets first crack and then after some starts a decision will get made about the future. I think they will have minimal competition this year for Love. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Rodgers even made mention about how instrumental Clements was to him when he was a young QB.  I actually think Aaron likes Love and would like to see him succeed.

No doubt. Aaron loves Love... pun intended. 

31 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the huge offer is the excuse the Packers are going to use when Aaron decides to bail.  Rodgers has said it's not about money and maybe that is true. Maybe it's just about wanting to go somewhere else?

I don't see how Love plays into it .. I think they think he is what he is .. an inexperienced QB that needs continued work.  I still think he gets first crack and then after some starts a decision will get made about the future. I think they will have minimal competition this year for Love. 

The Packers told Favre they didn't want him when they knew Rodgers was ready. They traded up to get a 1st round QB 2 years ago but are begging their existing QB to stick around, it has everything to do with Love.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The Packers told Favre they didn't want him when they knew Rodgers was ready. They traded up to get a 1st round QB 2 years ago but are begging their existing QB to stick around, it has everything to do with Love.

How much of these stories are real vs PR?

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Maybe it's just the appearance of begging. 

1 hour ago, Striker said:

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

or its just 

Dogs Spinning GIF

• Like 2