Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

24 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

If the Packers move Rodgers, they're probably going to sign a veteran backup.

That being said, Blake Bortles probably isn't busy.

Except for being on the Saints roster. 

On 3/5/2022 at 10:29 AM, Packerraymond said:

He picked his QB coach, you all have media ADD. He's coming back. As much as I want pick #9 and to talk about what haul we could get, it's not happening. 

Rodgers returning is the least interesting option, so it's probably a mortal lock. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Kinda weird feeling, but he earned it and I'm happy for him.

Yeah I'd rather see any player get the payday they can, while they can. Might be a rude awakening out there though, there's a healthy amount of quality free agent DBs.

Don't hate people for wanting everything they can get in a short career. Especially a guy like Rasul, who has never really cashed in big time. I don't think we miss him that much. I think he goes back to being a JAG. Although this time, a well-paid JAG and good for him. 

Paul Bretl -  When we find out Rodgers’ future, there are going to be a flurry of moves on the Packers part as they work their way under the salary cap prior to March 16th.

OTC has them at $26.4M over the cap at the moment.

ESPN Stats & Info -   Aaron Rodgers is coming off back-to-back MVP seasons. He has 5 seasons with 4,000 Pass Yds and 5 or fewer interceptions, achieving it each of the last 4 seasons. All other players in NFL history combine for 3 such seasons (Alex Smith, Russell Wilson, Patrick Mahomes).