Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

Tom Silverstein -  An NFL source said that WR Davante Adams has been told the #Packers are putting the franchise tag on him. It will all become official at 3 p.m. Adams wants a long-term deal and the #Packers are going to have to pay him a lot. They have to get his $20.5M franchise tag number down.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -  An NFL source said that WR Davante Adams has been told the #Packers are putting the franchise tag on him. It will all become official at 3 p.m. Adams wants a long-term deal and the #Packers are going to have to pay him a lot. They have to get his $20.5M franchise tag number down.

Tom should know it's under 19 for WRs.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Tom Silverstein -  Not sure what Seahawks GM John Schneider thinks of Jordan Love, but it wouldn't be surprising if he checks in with Packers GM Brian Gutekunst about a possible trade.

Jamal Adams ought to be enough.

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a huge signing bonus structure on the Rodgers contract as there is too much risk with Rodgers pondering his annual retirement.

Thinking a pay-as-you-go model works best for both sides.  Keeps dead cap lower each year while Rodgers gets paid.

///

I agree with this concept. In his mssg earlier today, AR confirmed "he's returning to GB next year......."
It may have simply been word choice, but he didnt say "I'll be retiring a Packer now......"
I'm hopeful this contract ends the "beautiful mystery" of AR playing out the string with GB.

Edited by Leader