Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Ranch dressing is the lowest tier of sauces and condiments.  It doesn't enhance flavor, it masks flavor.  The go to dressing for people who don't like salad, and whose pizza and wings are too spicy.  Or used to cover your vegetables because you don't like vegetables but you have to eat them because you were told to.  It is the ordering chicken fingers at the restaurant of sauce.  Poll of 16 year old girls will make ranch dressing popular.  

I know I am definetly in the minority on this. But Ranch on wings is sin. I want to taste the wings and sauce, not mask it with ranch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Striker said:

1. Of the playoff teams:

Arizona - Ertz (19), Kirk (17.4), Green (15.6), Moore (11) though it should be noted that Hopkins going down forced them to balance distribution

Buffalo - Diggs (25.2), Beasley (17.1), Sanders (11), Knox (10.8)

Cincinnati - Chase (23.1), Higgins (19.8), Boyd (16.9), Uzomah (11.4)

Dallas - Lamb (18.5), Schultz (16.1), Cooper (15.9), Elliott (10)

Green Bay - Adams (28.5), Jones (11), Lazard (10.1), MVS (9.3)

Indianapolis - Pittman (24.8), Pascal (13.2), Hines (10.9), Taylor (9.8)

Kansas City - Hill (23.6), Kelce (19.9), Hardman (12.3), Pringle (8.9)

LA Rams - Kupp (31.5), Van Jefferson (14.7), Higbee (14), OBJ (13.5)

Las Vegas - Renfrow (20.4), Waller (14.8), Jones (11.1), Jacobs (10.2)

New England - Meyers (23.6), Henry (14), Bourne (13.1), Agholor (12)

Pittsburgh - Johnson (25.5), Claypool (15.8), Harris (14.2), Freiermuth (11.9)

San Francisco - Samuel (23.5), Kittle (18.3), Aiyuk (16.3), Jennings (7.4)

Tampa Bay - Godwin (17.5), Evans (15.6), Gronkowski (12.2), Fournette (11.5)

Tennessee - Brown (19.6), Westbrook-Ikhine (10.7), Jones (9), Firskey (8) though Brown and Jones missed a good chunk of time.

So you had one of the most unbalanced teams and one of the most balanced teams make it through to the Super Bowl.

2. Adding OBJ didn't really change Kupp's target share since he was still seeing a 15+ percent more targets than Woods or Jefferson. It's probably a QB tendency thing more than anything.

3. By .8 percent. My guess is the Packers and Rams would be pretty even in terms of difference had MVS stayed healthy as he was averaging about a 14 percent target share including his glorified decoy/ineffective Week 17/18 games. He was averaging a 16 percent target share when healthy.

I did take a closer look at how obj effected the Rams (regular season at least). In his 8 games Kupp maintained a 31.4% target share, but OBJ actually was at 17.1%. if you take out that first game in which he was on limited snaps, Kupp stayed eerily similar, but OBJ jumps to 18.8%.

I think in general teams are looking at these disparities as a bad thing. Now, whether you blame Rodgers or our WR/TE room is what divides this forum anyway.

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This ranch discussion is like trying to convince cat people why dogs are better companions, but I do feel a little sorry for cat people, and for anyone who can't appreciate ranch dressing.

As one with cats and a dog and an empty bottle of Wishbone ranch, I'm all kinds of triggered now. 

My apologies for submitting a football post just above and derailing a perfectly ranch conversation.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

This ranch discussion is like trying to convince cat people why dogs are better companions, but I do feel a little sorry for cat people, and for anyone who can't appreciate ranch dressing.

I like this analogy. Persecuting one sauce/dressing while pretending other sauces don't do exactly the same thing but with different chemical reactions on your taste buds is sheer stupidity

• Like 1

I realized that I put the Colts on my list because my brain just blanked how badly they blew getting into the playoffs which means I failed to include the Eagles:

Smith (21.1), Goedert (15.4), Watkins (12.6), Reagor (11.5)

Edited by Striker

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

That is the whole point. There is no official word of any new contract. He said the 200 million report was false. He also said he didn't sign a new deal. He also said his back for THIS YEAR! 

I dont think even he knows exactly what he's getting right now.  All he said was he's returning.  I think he's being flexible in his contract to attempt to resign some players to get under the cap.  They have until Mar 16 to get everything in.  I dont expect to hear the details of Rodgers contract until then.  Getting some key players in isn't going to happen without Rodgers flexibility, I think they are working on those players now.

22 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I like cats and hate ranch.  Dogs are okay, but are too needy.

I've had dogs, cats and all sorts of animals throughout my life...and frankly, couldnt imagine that time without them. I've also eaten ranch dressing every now and then.....but NOT on French Fries!  :) 

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I know I am definetly in the minority on this. But Ranch on wings is sin. I want to taste the wings and sauce, not mask it with ranch.

Ranch is not a condiment on wings, it's heartburn medicine, for when your body tells you to stop, but you want to keep going.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've had dogs, cats and all sorts of animals throughout my life...and frankly, couldnt imagine that time without them. I've also eaten ranch dressing every now and then.....but NOT on French Fries!  :) 

A curly fry or tatter tot is definitely ranch acceptable.

• Like 1