Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

12 hours ago, Leader said:

French Fries go with burgers....
Tatter tots......I'm not sure what they go with quite honestly :)

Tater Tots go with 9th grade school lunches, that is all. They're repurposed hash browns in pellet/feed form for lazy people.

Love to Indy for their extra tots?

12 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Greek dressing and balsamic are my top 2.

I enjoy Greek and Italian dressings a lot, also use them as marinades quite a bit. The only way balsamic is acceptable is as a marinade for red meat. As a salad topper, it's the dressing people order so that everyone else at the table thinks "wow they're so healthy, good for them," but then your salad arrives and you have to choke it down to keep the act going. It's OK, you don't have to pretend here.

15 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

This ranch discussion is like trying to convince cat people why dogs are better companions, but I do feel a little sorry for cat people, and for anyone who can't appreciate ranch dressing.

This ranch lover also has two amazing cats.  I'm now a cat person.

I had my dog, a beautiful black lab, she was the best dog ever for me.  She passed about 15 years ago and I'm still not over it.  I can't see another dog without comparing said dog to my lab.  Wouldn't be fair to get another dog yet.

But a cat found it's way into my garage and then into my attic and adopted me.  She was amazing.  She passed about 2 years ago and I miss her everyday.

She "trained" our other cats on how to behave in our house.  And we have two cats that act a lot like dogs.  They are great little companions.  And I don't need to take them outside to do their business.

If you treat a cat like a dog, you get a much more affectionate and loving cat.  

The time will come for me to get dog.  Just not quite yet.  But that day is out there.  Till then?  I roll with cats and ranch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hotdogs.

Ketchup, mustard, both or ranch?

BTW...there is only one right answer.

Chicago style Hotdogs are the only acceptable kind. Onion, Pickle, Peppers, Relish, celery seasoning and MUSTARD. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Hotdogs.

Ketchup, mustard, both or ranch?

BTW...there is only one right answer.

Hotdog toppings:  relish / onions, mustard - and/or chili (alone).
Not sure what the fascination with ranch dressing is - must be a mid-western thing - but I'll put ranch on some salads - some - and I dont eat enough salads as is - so I eat very little ranch. If I'm gonna dip wings - bleu cheese is preferred over ranch. Cant say I've ever had a wings/ranch combo in fact.

Edited by Leader

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You put it in the trash and grab a brat/Italian/Polish.

I've got some Italian sausage waiting for me in the fridge as I type......
Some grilled onions/green peppers, sauce and mozzarella cheese on a hoagie roll........yup  👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laces Out said:

Tater Tots go with 9th grade school lunches, that is all. They're repurposed hash browns in pellet/feed form for lazy people.

Love to Indy for their extra tots?

Repurposed hashbrowns. Like they took hash off a plate and fed it back in the grinder. Fool. Hashbrowns are elite and by proxy tots are elite and furthermore the convenience factor makes them the goat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

You put it in the trash and grab a brat/Italian/Polish.

I'll take a good butcher shop hot dog over any of the trash that passes as "brats" from the local grocery store.

Had some on the ice last weekend.  Simply amazing, but these are not the commercial dogs in the grocery stores.

• Like 2