Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

BBQ

A Nathan's with BBQ and honey mustard has been my go to for awhile. The last place I worked did a really great elk chili and we'd make chili dogs with that and a white cheddar/gruyere mix but to get the right chili:hot dog:cheese ratio it got sloppy and you'd need to eat it with a knife and a fork. It was delicious but something about that just feels wrong. Not eating pizza with a knife and a fork wrong but wrong none the less.

On 3/9/2022 at 5:12 PM, Shanedorf said:

This forum in one sentence:

“If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer;
even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever.”

You are making my head hurt.  lol

11 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Having a look at Mahommes deal I think Rodgers gets something very similar in terms of stucture and payouts and cap hits.

Patrick Mahomes signed a 10 year, $450,000,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $141,481,905 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $45,000,000. This is his first 5 years of his deal:

2020 - base salary $825k, singing bonus $4.2m, cap hit $5.3m
2021 – base salary $990k, signing bonus $6.4m, cap hit $7.4m
2022 – base salary $1.5m, signing bonus $6.4m, roster bonus $27m, cap hit $35m
2023 – base salary $5.5m, signing bonus $6.4m, roster bonus $34.4m, cap hit $46.7m
2024 – base salary $2.5m, signing bonus $6.4mm roster bonus $34.9m, cap hit $44.3m, dead cap $10m
2025 - base salary $2.5m, signing bonus $4.4mm roster bonus $38.9m, cap hit $46m, dead cap 4.3m
After 2025 Mahommes has $0 dead cap hit!
In essence it is a 5 year $183m contract, AAV $36.6m, with the remaiing $294m paid out over the final 6 years at an AAV of $49M

I could see Rodger doing a deal that has two years low cap hits, some signing bonus and then guaranteed roster bonus on a yearly basis as long as he is and wants to be on the team

Oh yes, this is a football forum and not a culinary one!  lol

It will be interesting to see what the numbers are for AR's new contract once it is signed.

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

How did that original Mack trade work out for the Bears? LOL 

They get a 2nd this year and a 6th next year. Teams in the Central are working on a roster for 2026 now that Rodgers is back.

The Mack trade was not bad for them.

Their miscalculation was at QB and HC.  Not Mack.

That defense was championship plus level for a few years.  It was the offense that held them back.

You put Mahomes over there, or Watson and I have little doubt that they would have been winning multiple playoff games.

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

The Mack trade was not bad for them.

Their miscalculation was at QB and HC.  Not Mack.

That defense was championship plus level for a few years.  It was the offense that held them back.

You put Mahomes over there, or Watson and I have little doubt that they would have been winning multiple playoff games.

Isn't that the point? You have to tune up all those parts together. If you tune up the defense while the offense is still crap, you end up on the treadmill. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Isn't that the point? You have to tune up all those parts together. If you tune up the defense while the offense is still crap, you end up on the treadmill. 

Yes.  That is the point.  They thought they had something with Trubisky, so they pushed their chips all in with Mack.

Mack held up his end of the deal.  Trubisky and/or the HC did not.

To me, that isn't on Mack or that trade.  It's totally on the front office thinking they had something good in Mitch and/or the HC.

If anyone would like to do it, I'd love to see a breakdown of that trade now.

Bears get Mack.

Vegas gets a ton of picks.  Who did they end of taking?

Bears trade Mack to get back some picks.

I don't know the full scope of how that all looks, but I would think that if you look at Mack's production and then add in the picks the Bears just got for dealing him, the deal isn't bad.  But I freely admit that I could be very wrong about that.  

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yeah but it's not like they tried to fail at picking a QB and coach. Id rather be a fan of a team that went for it all and failed than one that always looks to the future waiting for the stars to align.