Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Sandy said:

I've already looked into it. Bears crushed the trade. Josh Jacobs, the epitome of league average, is the best player they used the picks on. Bryan Edwards is also just a guy. Nothing else of note.

Neither team really "won' the trade. The Bears pushed all their chips in the middle on Trubisky but were capped by poor drafts and Nagy. The Raiders had Gruden who, quite obviously, was trying to play football like it was 1999 still. Also making some very questionable draft decisions with Damon Arnette in the first despite the massive red flags being the biggest.

Edited by Striker

13 minutes ago, Sandy said:

But then we can talk about the jersey sales and how the bears marketing was based entirely around Mack and the defense, which could help them pay more stat researchers or buy better and more state of the art workout equipment, hire better coaches, etc. There's no end with this line of thinking.

My apologies. A running back who has a 4.2 career ypc (3.9 ypc over the last two seasons) is below the average NFL running back (league average ypc is 4.4 over the last two years). He's going into his final affordable year. I don't think he deserves the 5th year based on his tepid play thus far - that price tag is way too high for production you could get from a pair of mid round picks any given year. 

So they traded Mack and the best thing they got was a below average running back.

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad.

Says the person who says the Bears won because they got state of the art workout equipment and could hire better coaches because they traded for Mack.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Says the person who says the Bears won because they got state of the art workout equipment and could hire better coaches because they traded for Mack.

And now they're trading Mack while trying to plan a stadium move/build.

#strategy

30 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

And for…

Did you literally just try to use the point that the Raiders didn’t win a playoff game in your favor?

The Bears didn’t even make it to one and they HAD Mack.

This is absurd. Let go of pride and just admit you’re wrong.

The Raiders won the trade.

What’s better, an above average running back and an above average #3 WR or neither of those things?

The Raiders won the trade simply because Gruden "resigned" and Mayock was fired and they still have that above average RB and WR AND made the playoffs despite playing most of the season with an interim HC.

Meanwhile, the Bears are starting over. Again.

...at least they have Fields?

*edit - yes, I know that Gruden "resigning" had nothing to do with that trade but it's still a win.

Edited by Striker

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -  Unless contract indicates differently (which I don't think it will), the Aaron decision is a one-year Last Dance.

I've said this before, but bears repeating here. It is very doubtful the Packers ever see any return from another team for Rodgers, if he ever plays for another team it is after he walks away from the Packers as a complete FA. The Packers will get nothing.  

3 minutes ago, R T said:

I've said this before, but bears repeating here. It is very doubtful the Packers ever see any return from another team for Rodgers, if he ever plays for another team it is after he walks away from the Packers as a complete FA. The Packers will get nothing.  

It's still to be determined....but as I said elsewhere....if this turns out to be a "one and done" contract - we should have traded him and taken the infusion of picks/players & cap relief.

15 minutes ago, R T said:

That's a stupid move by the Packers if it comes to pass.  They will look dumber than hell for not taking the draft pick/player haul.  They basically have to win the super bowl or will look like morons.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That's a stupid move by the Packers if it comes to pass.  They will look dumber than hell for not taking the draft pick/player haul.  They basically have to win the super bowl or will look like morons.  

We also don’t know the vibe around the league. With Rodgers openly talking retirement teams might not be interested in giving a “haul”. Because how stupid would say a Denver look giving up a haul and in two years he isn’t happy and retires.

I think people over estimate how much Rodgers will get.  Rodgers has destroyed a lot of his value with his actions over the last few years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Again - IF - this AR contract turns out to be a one and done thing - I'll go back to my original comment that the hiring of Clements was more for Love than being AR's buddy.