Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

10 minutes ago, R T said:

I don't believe for a second that Adams is tied to Rodgers beyond 2022. Adams is not risking injury and a generational type payday so he can maybe go somewhere with the wishy-washy Rodgers next year. The Packers and Adams will find common middle ground in time and Adams will sign a long-term deal.   

Why can't he get both?  If his goal is to meet (or match) Nuk's $27.5M AAV, he could get a sizeable signing bonus that spreads out over 5 years via void years.  I used that structure in my mock a few weeks ago.  Adams hits his AAV, and he gets back into FA at still a relatively young age.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

The void was created for leverage purposes.  If Rodgers wouldn't have gotten that void year added, he would have been stuck in the same position he was last offseason this offseason IF he wasn't happy.  It was meant to accelerate the timeline.  It wouldn't make sense that the Packers just gave Rodgers a $50M/year contract (assuming that's correct), but leave the void.  That's literally bending over backwards, and actually makes @StatKing look right.  I refuse to believe the FO is that inept.

Agree - it would be a *bad move* if the FO left it in there - but Brandt's waiting till the contract details are divulged before committing.

I too refuse to believe the FO is that inept - and I never believe TrollKing is right :)

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Brady was somehow able to get and out in this deal and ended up walking away from the Pats for nothing.  Rodgers probably asked for something similar and got it.  The Packers have given him everything he's wanted of late. 

I mean if he asked for Gute to be fired … he didn’t get that haha.

Just now, Leader said:

Agree - it would be a *bad move* if the FO left it in there - but Brandt's waiting till the contract details are divulged before committing.

I too refuse to believe the FO is that inept - and I never believe TrollKing is right :)

I mean, I get being pessimistic but this makes @packfanfb the most optimistic person I know.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Then that should've happened this year, when his value was highest. That would be an absurdly stupid decision from our FO and I will spend the entire year call all of them dumbass.

I'll join that choir.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Why can't he get both?  If his goal is to meet (or match) Nuk's $27.5M AAV, he could get a sizeable signing bonus that spreads out over 5 years via void years.  I used that structure in my mock a few weeks ago.  Adams hits his AAV, and he gets back into FA at still a relatively young age.

Because the Packers aren't playing that game for a WR even if it's Adams, they just let him play on the franchise tag before going down that rabbit hole. 

53 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

You could say both teams lost.  The Bears went all in on a championship window predicated on the assumption that Trubisky was going to make the leap, as a result they accomplished very little and the coach and the GM lost their job.  The Raiders on the other hand lost a hall of fame caliber talent, and in return they got a bunch of picks and whiffed on them.

This ^

55 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would choose to sign the HOF pass rusher that actually positively moves the needle for my franchise. Should we trade Gary for Damien Harris and Jakobi Myers?

Depends, is Gary refusing to re-sign with us, is he going to not play if we don’t, is he going to make QB money?

You’re getting petty now, and you know literally none of what you just said are valid points, and you sound like an ignore list leaderboard poster.

You have just crossed the line past worth discussing this with.

Worth discussing this with.

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

And for…

Did you literally just try to use the point that the Raiders didn’t win a playoff game in your favor?

The Bears didn’t even make it to one and they HAD Mack.

This is absurd. Let go of pride and just admit you’re wrong.

The Raiders won the trade.

What’s better, an above average running back and an above average #3 WR or neither of those things?

They did make it to the playoffs, it was the double doink game. Cody Parkey I believe. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Depends, is Gary refusing to re-sign with us, is he going to not play if we don’t, is he going to make QB money?

You’re getting petty now, and you know literally none of what you just said are valid points, and you sound like an ignore list leaderboard poster.

You have just crossed the line past worth discussing this with.

Worth discussing this with.

Packerraymond

What's your take on ranch dressing?

• Like 1