Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The Raiders on the other hand lost a hall of fame caliber talent, and in return they got a bunch of picks and whiffed on them.

If I sell my house for market value (let alone above but let’s not go there) I had a good sale and I didn’t “lose” on that transaction. If I then go out and spend that money in chewing gum and hand waving cats I’m a moron but the sale doesn’t suddenly become a bad sale.

You could argue that you should have kept the house because it’s more valuable for you than money you don’t know how to handle, but the transaction itself should be rated independently.

You then add that supposedly there was no way Mack was staying, I wouldn’t really say the Raiders lost in any way. They’re bad drafters, not bad traders.

• Like 1

The thing about the Mack trade for Chicago is not that, in a vacuum, it was a bad move.  It's that it compounded the mistake of taking the wrong QB in 2017.  That they kept doubling down on the decision that Trubisky was the guy makes it look worse than it was.  In 2017 the Bears traded a 3rd (this pick became Alvin Kamara) and a 4th plus a 2018 3rd to move up one spot, then drafted a developmental small school TE that they jettisoned after 3 uninspiring seasons for a late round pick, plus a 4th on a small school undersized gadget back who missed 2 seasons with injury and was released.  Then in 2018 they traded a 2019 2nd to select Anthony Miller (traded away for a late round pick after 3 uninspiring seasons) leading to them having only 5 draft picks in 2019.  In 2020 they turned around and took another developmental tight end with their top pick.

There were a series of mistakes that doomed Pace and Nagy, but "acquiring Mack" was only a mistake in light of all the other ones.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What's your take on ranch dressing?

Always tempted to use it, but I feel like it basically just overpowers whatever you’re eating, so if you’re using it you might as well just be eating ranch dressing. Also decided this year to go for the more shredded look, so I’m cutting out all superfluous additions to food and drink.

One cup black coffee, one gallon of water, one midday Zevia and one glass of red wine each night is all I drink.

Not using any condiments and eating almost exclusively chicken, lean beef, green beans, broccoli, rice, tuna, lentils…

If I was going to cheat and use a condiment, it wouldn’t be ranch. 

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You're the only person on this board I want to hangout with.

Yeah I don't want to hang out in your mom's basement. Want to come to my mom's instead?

Edit: it's super creepy and the steps are all broken

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1