Random Packer News & Notes

Leader

21 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Just out of interest, if we haven't signed Campbell do we prefer Wagner? Is Wagner the better player? Older but proven. Is there less risk with him or will Campbell carry on from where he left off?

Wagner is a HOF player, and only 3 years older than Campbell.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

Just out of interest, if we haven't signed Campbell do we prefer Wagner? Is Wagner the better player? Older but proven. Is there less risk with him or will Campbell carry on from where he left off?

Would take Campbell over Wagner at this point, largely because Wagner's likely to be more expensive overall and I'm very uncertain about how well he can play on an island in some formations(in fairness I only ever focused on Wagner's body of work during the LOB years, when Seattle was very much tied to the 4-3. I don't know what they've been doing defensively of late).

Edited by Zycho32

1 hour ago, Zycho32 said:

Would take Campbell over Wagner at this point, largely because Wagner's likely to be more expensive overall and I'm very uncertain about how well he can play on an island in some formations(in fairness I only ever focused on Wagner's body of work during the LOB years, when Seattle was very much tied to the 4-3. I don't know what they've been doing defensively of late).

Wagner is WAY WAY WAY better on an island than Campbell is. 

But you're right due to the expensive point. 

20 hours ago, Sandy said:

Depends on a few things...if his contract expires/voids, then we could hypothetically tag and trade him still. Or he could resign for another season with us.

That said, Brandt's post is 100% speculation. It may end up being true, but he even says "unless contract indicates differently"...and since there's no contract yet, this is just made up BS that he knows will get his tweet posted on ESPN today.

Unless Brandt has someone inside the building at 1265 giving him info Brandt is speculating just like other media folks.

20 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Brady was somehow able to get an out in this deal and ended up walking away from the Pats for nothing.  Rodgers probably asked for something similar and got it.  The Packers have given him everything he's wanted of late. 

I thought Brady was an UFA when he left NE for Tampa?